Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's beginning to look like obstruction of justice charges for Trump.....

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So your wanting to fund NASA more for manned expeditions?

As now, as a president, he is entitled to lifetime healthcare and Secret Service protections.
    Given what they can apparently get away with, I expect he'd rather have Turkish government bodyguards.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    As now, as a president, he is entitled to lifetime healthcare and Secret Service protections.
    Minor side note: Secret Service protection was changed two decades ago to 10 years after leaving office but the legislation was then repealed by President Obama during his second term.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

What are the specific elements of the crime of "obstruction of justice"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Minor side note: Secret Service protection was changed two decades ago to 10 years after leaving office but the legislation was then repealed by President Obama during his second term.
    Makes sense--he reportedly got more death threats than any previous president on record. You know--the Jeff Sessions/Steve Bannon crowd.
    We'll be paying through the nose from now on for Trump--one way or the other.

Maybe I'm just too slow to grasp the lofty concepts here, but it would seem to me that trying to cut short an FBI investigation into a massive money-laundering operation involving your cabinet members/general minions (and ultimately you yourself) would constitute clear conflict of interest. Not to mention firing a lot of government personnel who were working on related issues--like Preet Bharara.

I agree with ApatheticNoMore that even if Trump is impeached (and I'm convinced there are several charges that could be brought), we won't be much better off, because he brought a whole squadron of flying monkeys in with him. The eventual cleanup (if we're still here) will be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Makes sense--he reportedly got more death threats than any previous president on record.
    You gotta be careful about who's reporting this sort of thing, according to the Secret Service the number of threats against Obama were comparable to the previous two Presidents, Clinton and Bush.

Maybe I'm just too slow to grasp the lofty concepts here, but it would seem to me that trying to cut short an FBI investigation into a massive money-laundering operation involving your cabinet members/general minions (and ultimately you yourself) would constitute clear conflict of interest. Not to mention firing a lot of government personnel who were working on related issues--like Preet Bharara.
    I don't know about lofty concepts unless you mean that accusations require proof to support a desired outcome. Right now there doesn't seem to be much of that available.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't know about lofty concepts unless you mean that accusations require proof to support a desired outcome. Right now there doesn't seem to be much of that available.
    True. And it will likely be a while before the Mueller investigation goes through everything and figures out what has actually occurred. In the meantime it's recently come to light that Paul Ryan made clear last June that he views the Republicans in the house as a mafia style family whose most important task is protecting Trump, so impeachment proceedings seem pretty unlikely until after 2018, regardless of Mueller's investigation results, and even then only if Democrats take over the house.

Thread Information