Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look like obstruction of justice charges for Trump.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

It's beginning to look like obstruction of justice charges for Trump.....

What can I say? I'm feeling calmer and some renewed hope for humanity.

One can only hope)

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller named special prosecutor for Russia investigation

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

Now the only question is what will finish first - the investigation? Or Trump's term in office?

The Comey drama is all political theater.

The President's leak of sensitive informations about ISIS shenanigans potentially puts a foreign operative in danger and potentially affects our ability to get more of the sensitive information. That is, if he did this thing.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 5-17-17 at 10:55pm.

It will be a long road to hoe before they can make a strong case for obstruction of justice. If it does come to an impeachment vote there may be a lot of Republicans who would like to see him out of the way since he seems to be impeding their agenda on some tax and health care reform. I'm not even sure that Sessions will be exempt since he recommenced Comey's firing after recusing himself from the investigation. It is heartening to hear that Mueller will become special prosecutor. As far as I can tell he is non-political and well respected by both parties. It wasn't the crimes, but the cover up that got Nixon.

I don't know how much of this is theater, but hopefully we will find out soon and move on. If it was Hillary or Obama the conservatives would be screaming bloody murder.

I think it's all ridiculous at this point. As much as I do not like Trump as Commander-in-Chief (he was definitely entertaining in Celebrity Apprentice) he has a point that the media is a lynch mob.

If he has obstructed justice, I hope it will all come out. I'm almost feeling bad for him at this point--I'm sure he's realizing he had no idea what he was in for when he descended that multi-story escalator at Trump Tower to announce his run for the presidency.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    The people who disliked Trump but voted for him because they liked Pence must be quivering with anticipation.

There is a renewed fervor in and excitement for a big neighborhood wide Impeachment Block Party in the 85006. I only hope this happens - it would be such a positive event for both the country and the 85006. So many people are talking of Impeachment and the Block Party with such excitement! I truly can't see any reason Trump should remain in office after giving Russia classified information and after attempting to get Comey off the investigation trail. Impeachment for the win, and wait 'till the neighborhood tries out my Moroccan Chicken Tagine. I'm determined to turn this sorry period of American history into something positive.....Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    One can only hope)
    Exactly. The vast majority of us have no power to direct outcomes. That said, Mr. Trump often seems to be his own worst enemy and I doubt he will learn from these scandals, and I see him following the same trajectory towards new and improved scandals as time goes on. The question is: Where does America as a nation get off this quickening-of-pace-train-wreck? Rob

PS I came back to add that I was at Food City this morning (the Hispanic grocery store down the street from me) and the lead cashier there told me that the family from Nicaragua that moved in next door to the former crack house six houses down from me told her that the Trump supporters there took down their Trump signs and Trump bumper stickers sometime the last 24 hours. Gives me some hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The people who disliked Trump but voted for him because they liked Pence must be quivering with anticipation.
    As long as he doesn't go down with him. I wonder what the odds are for a Ryan presidency? Assuming he's the Speaker that long. It will be interesting if this investigation ends up overshadowing the 2018 election cycle.

Thread Information