Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone thinking impeachment is looking more and more likely?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Anyone thinking impeachment is looking more and more likely?

We have already chosen a theme song for the Impeachment Block Party in the 85006 at some later date (none of us read the future so of course we don't know what the date will be) - it will be Carly Simon's Let The River Run - something upbeat and positive and hopeful. There will be similar selections in Spanish for the many Hispanics of the 85006 but Let The River Run will be the theme song for the English as a First Language Crowd. It is looking more and more like eventual impeachment and realistically, this is America's only choice if we as a country wish to redeem ourselves in the eyes of the world and of our main trading partners, who know see America as a laughing stock. What do you'all think? (I believe Let The River Run was such an appropriate choice for the Impeachment Block Party too!!!!) Rob

What specific charges do you think impeachment would be based upon?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What specific charges do you think impeachment would be based upon?
    Obstruction of justice comes to mind, leaking classified information comes to mind, and of course, Donald Trump being who and how he is, there will be more little ditties coming along at any time now....the mind reels, it truly does, but better to take this energy and direct it towards Impeachment Celebrations/Festivities. In other words, making something positive out of this horrific election decision. Rob

I'm curious, Rob - do you know how the information classification/declassification process works in the USA? And in particular, who in our government has nearly-limitless authority to declassify information?

I'm curious, Rob - do you know how the information classification/declassification process works in the USA? And in particular, who in our government has nearly-limitless authority to declassify information?
    That's not a fair question. Facts and reason only harsh a good buzz.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That's not a fair question. Facts and reason only harsh a good buzz.
    Warning for "bullying" received!

Warning for "bullying" received!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I think it's amounting to an attempted coup of a legitimately (I won't say democratically as the electoral college has never been that) elected president. That's what I think.

And it's not as if for all this dubiousness we were even getting someone wonderful or even halfway decent as President as an end result. No one like that is in the next in line for President! The means are ugly and the end result nothing good. So what exactly is there to like? If there actually was some real undeniable smoking gun maybe it would be one thing, but at this point it's more like a case of: who framed Donald Trump? Who has motive? Oh everyone with power almost at this point ... it's like one of those detective stories where everyone had a motive to kill the victim and maybe the victim was none to likeable to begin with - that is Dems, Reps (to a lesser degree), the intelligence agencies etc.
    Trees don't grow on money

Come on class, pay attention, the answer has already been given by someone in the know:
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...l=1#post269277

Let me help even further, start at 3:20.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    In all these arguments there is a lot of wishful thinking. The president can declassify however most of them have thoughtful consultation before doing so because such information could potentially harm a US citizen. Just because most of us have in our minds protecting our troops and operatives is #1 and Trump does not does not makes him impeachable.

Thread Information