Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Different Way: Living Simply in a Complex World

I was curious how and where the class was promoted. Maybe more women saw it than guys did?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I was curious how and where the class was promoted. Maybe more women saw it than guys did?
    Has the wording method of marketing been mentioned or implied to go with Kay's point.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Has the wording method of marketing been mentioned or implied to go with Kay's point.
    Well, it went out to some community and volunteer organizations and to some liberal churches. There was also work of mouth, like: "Hey, friend, you might like this class..."
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The class is starting to pick up the pace and people are really opening up with each other.

Crowd-sourcing this question:
    Invariably these classes are almost all women; for instance, this class is 8 women and me (the only guy). Any guesses as to why this might be the case?
    Because most women are relentlessly trying to fix themselves? You could make the point that this is "self-actualization," but it seems like we have internalized the idea that we are never enough as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Because most women are relentlessly trying to fix themselves? You could make the point that this is "self-actualization," but it seems like we have internalized the idea that we are never enough as we are.
    This is exclusive to women?
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield