Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A Different Way: Living Simply in a Complex World

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    UL, I had something similar twice. I once stepped on a sewing needle imbedded into shag carpet. The entire thing was in my heel. They had to cut the heal open to pull it out. The numbing didn’t work and they were too busy to wait for another shot to take effect. When I had my first child the shot they gave me for the episiotomy froze my foot instead. So I was sewn up with no numbing. Not fun.
    Dang!! That sounds bad.

I just had a really bad stye that would not go away. So the doctor was like: "Let's cut!" haha

If only the needle incident had happened just prior to delivery - you would have been all set for that needle removal. 😄

Tammy, I never thought of that! In the delivery incident I was only 19 and the doctor had no clue until it was over and he accidentally bumped my foot and was horrified. He asked why I didn’t say anything. I was young and scared. Back then your husband couldn’t be in the delivery room.

It's a shame this event wasn't a month and 5 days ago. You could have seriously rocked the pirate guy look for Halloween! Arrrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's a shame this event wasn't a month and 5 days ago. You could have seriously rocked the pirate guy look for Halloween! Arrrgh!
    I thought about that too. haha

What sucks is that my depth perception is bad with the patch. When I am not wearing the patch my eye's bloody/weepy condition impairs my vision.

I hope I will be better in about 4 days, like ool' sawbones said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Last night we concluded a course of this NWEI program with a potluck. Here is picture of this course's itty bitty community of simple living folks.

Attachment 2610

Nice pic of a great looking crew.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

I hope I will be better in about 4 days, like ool' sawbones said.
    MBS's thug was your doctor???

You only know what you know. So you join a class, read a book and talk to a friend. You do this a lot, let it rest, change a little and then start the process over again. We all do it differently … over time it becomes a new habit and way of life and you don't really miss what you had or did not have before the idea of simple living came your way. More women in the class does not surprise me at all … its the way we think and are socialized. Nothing wrong with this, and nothing wrong processing differently. Its just one more way we gain information to create change in our lives. I think it is a great idea to facilitate a class … even though its all women :-). I think the real questions is how to engage those not participating.

Also, remember all those women probably have someone in their lives that are male, or an introvert or whatever and are modeling/sharing their experiences. So they will have influence on other folks and your class will reach further than you think. I am so thankful that a group of women came together to work on budgeting 20 years ago and my simple life began to take shape.

Thread Information