Thread: Most amazingly delicious dessert!

Most amazingly delicious dessert!

I am not a dessert enthusiast usually but occasionally a dessert just seems heavenly. I had one last week that I have to share and ask for how-to advice.

Lemon Meringue Icecream Pie

Start with a thin chopped pecan crust;
    add about 1/2 inch+ layer of really good vanilla icecream;
    spread about 1/2 inch layer of homemade lemon curd;
    another layer of wonderful icecream;
    top with about a 2 1/2 layer of lightly-browned meringue dusted with the lightest touch of cinnamon.
    A small slice was ample; so light and so refreshing. No oiliness from artificial whipped topping or whipping cream and minimally sweetness.

How would one bake a meringue in this case?

What wonderful desserts have your enjoyed lately?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Found this and it may work for the recipe: Dollop or pipe your meringue: Once your meringue is stiff and glossy, you can either dollop it out on a parchment-lined bakingsheet, or pipe it into stars or other shapes. Bake the meringue: Bake the meringues at 215°F for 60 to 90 minutes.

Oh my so many as I LOVE sweets. My son is a baker and he is constantly pushing the envelope with deserts (He opened a bakery and pastry shop last year). His Cruffs are a croissant split and filled with a custard/cream mixture, top back on and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Nope even my biking 22 miles round trip to the shop can work that off!

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    Oh my so many as I LOVE sweets. My son is a baker and he is constantly pushing the envelope with deserts (He opened a bakery and pastry shop last year). His Cruffs are a croissant split and filled with a custard/cream mixture, top back on and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Nope even my biking 22 miles round trip to the shop can work that off!
    Years ago when I was working to pay for post-secondary school, I worked as a maid, waitress and gardener at an old inn noted for its wonderful afternoon teas. The baker was Swiss and this Cruff sounds just like the delicious ones he made. He always saved me one or two each day. You are right, despite all the hours and hard work, I never lost weight. Oh but they were so good. Dear man made my wedding cake creating individual white roses by hand. Thanks for the lovely memories that your post triggered.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Nothing better than a "sweet" memory

Thread Information