Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 43%! 43%! 43%!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Never once have I referred to my outfit as "fabulous" - this word comes entirely from you. I invite you to look over our mutual posts in regards to this topic to confirm this. As to the food - what's wrong with donated food being supplied for a protest, and my joy in receiving an unexpected free meal? I seriously don't understand this, not that's it's that big of a deal. And as to the atmosphere - why shouldn't there be some networking going on, some kind of festive air? Why shouldn't there be some celebration of sorts among those who have the strength to stand up to America and see it for what it truly is? Rob
    See, there I go again misinterpreting your statements. I honestly don't know why I would think that a special outfit enabling you to look above your station in life was fabulous or that an event with a festive air, food and networking might be a party. Thanks again for broadening my horizons.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

And I have. Rob
    That is in the eye of the other, not you. Based on your statement, Trump would have earned the respect of being called the President by you, rather then not your president.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    See, there I go again misinterpreting your statements. I honestly don't know why I would think that a special outfit enabling you to look above your station in life was fabulous or that an event with a festive air, food and networking might be a party. Thanks again for broadening my horizons.
    I'm quite sure you are aware that the word "fabulous" is used by a sub section of gay men as an everyday adjective of approval - I am not in this category and find the use of this word in this case over the top, truth be told. I realize we have never met so I'll just let you know that I am not someone who is ever going to throw this word around - I'm too real for it and my hands are too dirty (this last was a social class reference if you don't understand (?)). I'd also say that about 20% of any of the protests I have participated in meet your above definition of a party - the other 80% of it is the actual protest, just to be clear. This is not about having fun but about making your voice heard and standing up to various evils in the current American landscape. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    And the outfit that you repeatedly refer to as "Fabulous"? I put it together at a Westside thrift shop and it has yet to be worn - it is shelved away and waiting the the joyous day of a Trump Impeachment. Wearing this outfit is all about joy, and a celebration of basic human rights and basic human dignity should America do the right thing and kick Trump to the curb.....it is also a manifestation of respect of how sacred and holy basic human dignity truly is - How could anyone with any kind of moral compass not dress up above their station in life on the joyous day of a Trump Impeachment? Now I'll admit here this last I don't personally understand, though whatever anyone chooses to wear on the day of a Trump Impeachment is of course up to them - I'll be looking "fabulous" - your word, not mine - in my thrift shop outfit. Rob

How could anyone with any kind of moral compass not dress up above their station in life on the joyous day of a Trump Impeachment?
    There's so much to unpack in that brief string of text that one hardly knows where to begin...

What's your "station" in life? How did you get there? Who keeps you there? Are you happy in this "station"? Why or why not? When does the next train come by?

What happens when bloviating, ineffective Trump is "impeached", and Pence steps in? I'm pretty sure Pence would be considerably more effective at getting his policies through Congress and the Court, and implemented....

I'll be looking "fabulous" - your word, not mine - in my thrift shop outfit. Rob
    Whew, at least I had the intent right if not the actual word. There may be hope for me yet.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

And I have. Rob
    Do the same thing in Beijing instead of Phoenix, and we can talk about respect.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Do the same thing in Beijing instead of Phoenix, and we can talk about respect.

So Trump needs to get the national guard to do a full Kent State before protestors deserve respect? Or is just having the police pepper spray them enough?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So Trump needs to get the national guard to do a full Kent State before protestors deserve respect? Or is just having the police pepper spray them enough?
    Does Rob get pepper sprayed at his fabulous lawn parties in the 85006?

Thread Information