Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 43%! 43%! 43%!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    [QUOTE=bae;269931]Be nice. He has a fully-charged smartphone. He's The Resistance.[/QUOTEYou may not approve, Bae, and that's fine, no one says you have to approve of me or my actions. Granted. But at least I am out there doing something in a non-violent manner......I'm not destroying things and I'm not hiding due to fear like so many people are these days. I'm doing something. I believe this deserves respect in and of itself, regardless of whether or not you agree with my stances/motivations. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I am nothing but a neighborhood activist - it is true that I am fairly well known in the 85006 but leave this neighborhood and I am a nobody nor am I really seeking to be a "somebody". I am all about addressing injustice wherever I find it. That's it, that's the extent of my agenda. That simple. Rob
    [QUOTE=gimmethesimplelife;269943]
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Be nice. He has a fully-charged smartphone. He's The Resistance.[/QUOTEYou may not approve, Bae, and that's fine, no one says you have to approve of me or my actions. Granted. But at least I am out there doing something in a non-violent manner......I'm not destroying things and I'm not hiding due to fear like so many people are these days. I'm doing something. I believe this deserves respect in and of itself, regardless of whether or not you agree with my stances/motivations. Rob
    I think this may be another language issue, as activist and doing something seems different then expressing speech or whining, to me. (which would seem passivist)

[QUOTE=ToomuchStuff;269952]

I think this may be another language issue, as activist and doing something seems different then expressing speech or whining, to me. (which would seem passivist)
    Well, there is the party planning, those things don't organize themselves.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

And this is how citizenship should be - finding the best deal for yourself. We are told to do this in life in relationships, in employment, in life situations in general - why should citizenship be immune from basic cold blooded common sense at this level? Rob
    On Marriage

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
    You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
    Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
    But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
    And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
    Let you rather ask "what's in it for me?"

And this is how citizenship should be - finding the best deal for yourself. We are told to do this in life in relationships, in employment, in life situations in general - why should citizenship be immune from basic cold blooded common sense at this level? Rob
    Told by whom?

Sounds like a recipe for unhappiness to me.

[QUOTE=Alan;269955]
    Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Well, there is the party planning, those things don't organize themselves.
    Please have a little bit of respect for my activism.....it is not all about planning parties. The Neighborhood Block Party I keep referring to in the event of Trump's impeachment? It is also a political act, just the same as if I were in a protest line, carrying a sign and making my voice heard. It's cool if you don't agree with or understand my activism, I can accept that. I just don't care for having it disrespectfully minimized.....that's all. I would not do the same to you if you were engaging in activism, even for causes that I find revolting. There is something about the courage necessary to become an activist that in my mind deserves respect that goes beyond approving of what they are engaging against. Rob

You don't get to demand respect. You have to earn it.

[QUOTE=gimmethesimplelife;270010]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Please have a little bit of respect for my activism.....it is not all about planning parties.
    My apologies. You've described in such detail (in several threads) the festive atmosphere, the food and your fabulous outfit, I was left with the impression of parties in the 85006 with an activist/protest theme, rather than the reverse. I'll try harder to interpret what you mean rather than what you say, thanks for setting me straight.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You don't get to demand respect. You have to earn it.
    And I have. Rob

[QUOTE=Alan;270013]
    My apologies. You've described in such detail (in several threads) the festive atmosphere, the food and your fabulous outfit, I was left with the impression of parties in the 85006 with an activist/protest theme, rather than the reverse. I'll try harder to interpret what you mean rather than what you say, thanks for setting me straight.
    Never once have I referred to my outfit as "fabulous" - this word comes entirely from you. I invite you to look over our mutual posts in regards to this topic to confirm this. As to the food - what's wrong with donated food being supplied for a protest, and my joy in receiving an unexpected free meal? I seriously don't understand this, not that's it's that big of a deal. And as to the atmosphere - why shouldn't there be some networking going on, some kind of festive air? Why shouldn't there be some celebration of sorts among those who have the strength to stand up to America and see it for what it truly is? Rob

Thread Information