Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 43%! 43%! 43%!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Mother Jones had a short and objective overview of the proposal.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...a-brown-trump/
    So all they need to do is persuade the federal government to hand over Medicare and Medicaid, ratchet up the tax burden, impose price controls, outlaw private insurance and create a new bureaucracy in a state that already has trouble funding its pension systems.

Wouldn't secession be a more reasonable goal?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    So all they need to do is persuade the federal government to hand over Medicare and Medicaid, ratchet up the tax burden, impose price controls, outlaw private insurance and create a new bureaucracy in a state that already has trouble funding its pension systems.

Wouldn't secession be a more reasonable goal?
    Probably, since at least then republicans at the federal level would consider going along to get a massive win out of the deal by dumping a massively blue state off the voter rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Probably, since at least then republicans at the federal level would consider going along to get a massive win out of the deal by dumping a massively blue state off the voter rolls.
    Why? I thought you said your vote was irrelevant.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Why? I thought you said your vote was irrelevant.
    No, I only said my vote was irrelevant to the presidential candidates.

No, I only said my vote was irrelevant to the presidential candidates.
    Ahh, I stand corrected, yet remain distressed that our strategy only works selectively.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Not only that, but a lot of people looking for more generous taxpayer support would probably head west and a good chunk of California's medical establishment and taxpayer base might have incentive to head east. Eventually, California would need to look into building a wall of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Not only that, but a lot of people looking for more generous taxpayer support would probably head west and a good chunk of California's medical establishment and taxpayer base might have incentive to head east. Eventually, California would need to look into building a wall of some sort.
    Probably so. Just like canada has had to do.

Probably so. Just like canada has had to do.
    In a sense, they do. It goes to Canada being more selective in who they allow to immigrate and work and reside in their country. Probably the result of all those exasperated American liberals threatening to invade them from time to time.

I do agree with Trump that we should emulate Canada and privatize our air traffic control system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I stand corrected...
    A phrase few people ever utter.

I'm not even remotely an expert on air traffic control. Are there inefficiencies that could be eliminated or is it just that you don't think the govt needs to be involved?

Thread Information