Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning to cook...

I made some green bean recipe tonight, it had toms, onions, olive oil, and a few spices. Turned out good! I have some for my lunch tomorrow too.

Tonight when I was making this dinner I felt a hint of empowerment. Like: "I am making something yummy and fairly healthy, on the cheap, here at home, on my own. Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I made some green bean recipe tonight, it had toms, onions, olive oil, and a few spices. Turned out good! I have some for my lunch tomorrow too.

Tonight when I was making this dinner I felt a hint of empowerment. Like: "I am making something yummy and fairly healthy, on the cheap, here at home, on my own. Yeah!"

That's awesome!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Cooking anything in olive oil, and adding onions, to,oates and GARLiC makes itall taste fine.

Green beans sauted in olive oil, and in a light amd slight sweet seseme sauce with seseme seeds is really good, too.

Oh yeah, that sounds yummy

Yay you!!!!

Tonight I will make another vegetable dish. Living right next door to a Kroger really helps. I can just walk over and grab the fresh ingredients needed.

I am thinking of making something with brussel sprouts or maybe carrots.

Tonight I will make another vegetable dish. Living right next door to a Kroger really helps. I can just walk over and grab the fresh ingredients needed.

I am thinking of making something with brussel sprouts or maybe carrots.
    I would try roasting them???? ... especially brussel sprouts? It may take longer though.

I had the most amazing Brussels sprouts at a food truck. Roasted with a Chipotle style sauce and served on a bowl with a layer or ricotta cheese, hum

I made some gumbo yesterday from the Bittman cookbook. I was not thrilled with it. I know I dislike okra now.
    I also did not like the flavor in a general.

The pasta recipes I made from this book are quite good, but the other recipes have not been so good. I am going to try some bean recipes this week. I am still mostly having fun with this, despite few dishes really lighting my fire.

Fresh herbs! Whoa!

I followed a Bittman recipe for tomato sauce with fresh herbs. I cannot believe how some fresh oregano and parsley zipped this sauce into the realm of gosh dang delicious!

Thread Information