Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: test about privilege--bae and rob will love it

test about privilege--bae and rob will love it

https://movingupusa.com/

take this test about American privelege. I challenge anyone here to beat my privelege score �� It will be be revealed in a while.

70/100 While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.
    Your score of 70 shows you've had a little more working against you than for you. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.
    If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Try Everything by Shakira a symbol for all that you've had to overcome to get where you are today.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

"Your score of 70 shows you've had a little more working against you than for you. .... If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Stronger by Kelly Clarkson a symbol for all that you've had to overcome to get where you are today."

it wasn't how I expected to score, it's difficult to explain, it's .... I figure most people have it pretty bad (oh sure I might envy someone who has it really good, but I think having it pretty bad is far more the rule on this globe AND even in this country), so that's why it's not exactly predictable, I expect it to say: everything is wonderful, shut up, and count your priviledges.

Probably ever one here does better though.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 6-2-17 at 3:43pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

56/100.

This sounds pretty accurate to me:

While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 56 means you've had much more working for you than against, with a few obstacles that you've had to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack it might include Imagine by John Lennon, as a sign your feeling pretty grateful overall.

Williamsmith
    Your American Dream Score:

67/100
    While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.
    Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.
    If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland as a symbol of the hopeful journey you've been on.

I was dubious of the accuracy of this .......until I saw the life soundtrack. It was the first song I learned on piano and I have cited it in the past as my favorite all time song. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    56/100.

This sounds pretty accurate to me:

Your score of 56 means you've had much more working for you than against, with a few obstacles that you've had to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack it might include Imagine by John Lennon, as a sign your feeling pretty grateful overall.
    You are the one person I thought might meet my level of privilege, fellow 56er! Yes, my score matched yours at 56/100.

i want to know rob's score. He wont like it, I predict. But it will be higher than mine.
    edited to add: well, aybe rob's score wont be higher than mine but it will be higher than he thinks it ought to be.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-2-17 at 4:15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    it wasn't how I expected to score, it's difficult to explain, it's .... I figure most people have it pretty bad (oh sure I might envy someone who has it really good, but I think having it pretty bad is far more the rule on this globe AND even in this country), so that's why it's not exactly predictable, I expect it to say: everything is wonderful, shut up, and count your priviledges.

Probably ever one here does better though.
    umm, stop witholding and GIVE US YOUR SCORE! But only if you want to.

It was the first song I learned on piano
    the perfect octave.

umm, stop witholding and GIVE US YOUR SCORE! But only if you want to.
    edited original post as was confusing I think.

It was interesting. I had 60/100 and my theme song was Joe Cocker's I get by with a little help from my friends (Wasn't 'that a Beatles song?)

Edited June 4, Got a 49/100 and the song is What a Wonderful World....I changed having an alcoholic parent as that was not a problem until we were adults....I think that was the only difference.
    Last edited by nswef; 6-4-17 at 8:04pm.

Thread Information