Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: test about privilege--bae and rob will love it

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Wait, so you may understand why I hate the song Imagine. First of all it has no punk cred at all, but also it is rather lovely and wishful, dreamy (maybe like someone had too much smoking?).
    I don't smoke anything that grows, and Imagine is one of my favorite songs--but then again, my Myers-Briggs pegs me as an Idealist. You may say I'm a dreamer--and I won't take offense.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don't know why I got a higher score.......maybe because my parents weren't divorced (until later), or one of them went to college (nursing school), or my neighborhood was fairly safe. I sure had a lot of challenges though. And to say that we had what we needed in the 50's, was sort of misleading......since the lifestyle was much less expensive then.

I read an enlightening book several years ago that helped me understand myself better in this regard - that is, as a woman who started out as a protected farm girl in a white community who didn't understand how to survive in the big world, who then became master level educated and city dwelling but still feels out of place a lot.

Limbo: blue collar roots white collar dreams

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/au...sin=B001H6WTPA

That book speaks to my high score on this survey.

People I work with who have all kinds of high degrees and big incomes and who hire someone to change their furnace filter ... they don't get it when I talk about raising chickens and butchering snapping turtles and target practice and coon hunting and making applesauce and wearing worn clothing if we're staying home that day cause we're just gonna work outside and ruin it anyway ...

The book says people like me will never exactly fit in any particular social circle ... cause we're the first generation to move into another world. Like first generation immigrants to another country.

Cathy - a higher score means more things were working against you than for you. Higher is a harder beginning to your life ...

Can't take it, it uses something that is turned off/not allowed on the computer I am on. I would guess Javascript. But that Josh Groban (heard the name, don't know who he is), title, has the Thompson Twins You take me up, going through my head.

While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 74 means you've had some factors working for you, but more that you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Tubthumping by Chumbawamba, as a sign of what you've done with the opportunities you've had.

Tubthumping by Chumbawamba --- no idea what or who this is/was?????

Thanks Tammy and frugal-one. I guess I misunderstood the scoring. hahaha........I have no idea what Tubthumping by Chumbawamba is either!

Tubthumping was a big hit in the late 90s I think. It was song assigned to me too.

I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me down
    He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
    He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
    He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
    He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
    (Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)
    I get…

Hi All - Haven't posted in forever, hope everyone is well. I tied with Iris Lilies!! I had a strong foundation in life, which I believe has really helped me in facing recent adversity. mamalatte

56/100
    While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 56 means you've had much more working for you than against, with a few obstacles that you've had to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack it might include Happy by Pharell, as a sign your feeling pretty grateful overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Tubthumping was a big hit in the late 90s I think. It was song assigned to me too.

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
    He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
    He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
    He sings the songs that remind him of the best times
    (Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)
    I get…
    Okay, I get it now. I am going to substitute Tom Petty I won't Back Down, which is one of my favorite songs, for Tubthumping!

Thread Information