Thread: Iyanla Fix My Life

Yppej

Iyanla Fix My Life

I have gotten into this show, in which Iyanla drills down to the core of a person's dysfunction and tells hard truths. I see it as promoting emotional simplicity although getting there is hard work and some participamts fall by the wayside. It has helped me be conscious of my bad patterns without judging the other person, though I will say achieving emotional simplicity is much harder for me than things like decluttering or sticking to a budget.
    Last edited by Yppej; 6-3-17 at 10:07pm.

I have watched a few of these shows too. I agree Iyanla is basically a truth-teller, and forces individuals and family members to see reality. Whether they accept that reality and make the needed changes is another thing. There are many who live their lives in denial and/or do not want to see the status quo changed.
    I've wondered if follow-up shows would show any real positive changes. At the same time, however, I think it takes courage to work things out in front of a TV camera.

A few years ago, after she had kind of a breakdown moment with her relationship with Oprah and was trying to make sense of it all, I read Peace from Broken Pieces and I loved it. It's so refreshing when "broken"people can provide insight into their experiences. I hate this overused word, but she seems pretty "authentic" to me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information