Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another terrorist attack in London

bae, I hope your daughter is okay. Why wouldn't she have called you?
    It would be good to hear from people whose loved ones were killed in some of these attacks, as to what they should think should happen.
    I don't know. But I can't see the world continuing like this.
    And I wonder about the emotional state of the police in London/Manchester/France, who deal with this carnage.

Yppej
    No the camps are not a pleasant environment, but I respect countries like Jordan that are setting them up for refugees. Dealing with radicalized citizens is a lot more challenging.

In another time, it was the IRA. Terrorists spring from a well of weakness--which doesn't make them any less dangerous.
    I hope this bunch is only a memory some day soon.

I just read- only half way because it distressed me- The Train to Crystal City about an internment "family" camp in Crystal City TX during WW2. The whole ugliness of rounding people up based on heritage...and the families. I realize I am very sheltered and have no idea how frightened people and the government were during the wars, but I had such anger while reading how we as a people reacted to fear. I don't know the solution. I don't even know who should make the decision. We have many white young men who have murdered groups....not Muslim terrorists but American Boys. Until we face that and figure out how to change it, I'm not sure we have any business telling other countries what to do. Was the IRA any different?

Bae, have you heard from your daughter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Bae, have you heard from your daughter yet?
    I hacked her "find my iPhone" and have tracked her down to the deep deep sub-basement of an obscure library. She's clearly been holed up either avoiding terrorists, or finishing up her thesis work and ignoring the outside world.

I got a thumbs-up to a classics joke I posted to a family list, so there's some sign of life.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I hacked her "find my iPhone" and have tracked her down to the deep deep sub-basement of an obscure library. She's clearly been holed up either avoiding terrorists, or finishing up her thesis work and ignoring the outside world.

I got a thumbs-up to a classics joke I posted to a family list, so there's some sign of life.
    I'm glad to hear your daughter is OK then. That must be a huge relief for you. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm glad to hear your daughter is OK then. That must be a huge relief for you. Rob
    She travels all over to sketchy places. We have a "leave a flight plan with a trusted person" scheme in place, so I don't expect to hear from her when things are going well, only when I need to beam in with an army of guns, money, and lawyers.

So glad to hear that, bae! What a relief for you!

Thread Information