Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robotic vacuums

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    You have to pick them up. Also shoelaces or similar strings will just wrap around and jam it. My house is neater because we keep it more picked up so we can use the Rhoomba.
    Well the only thing on our floors aside from furniture is the cat toys. We're gone 10+ hours per day so cat toys are a must. no roomba for us I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So Razz, did it do the whole house, or do you have to move it as it is set up/designed for one room at a time?
    I have a dog that sheds fine hair. He sleeps at the foot of my bed on a mat on the floor. I have hardwood floors or fibreglass vinyl throughout. When the sun shines in, there is a glaze of dog hair on the floor each week, so once a week, I let the Roomba vacuum my BR, the ensuite bathroom and walk-in closet plus the middle BR. It cleans the dog hair and dust bunnies beautifully. I need to vacuum the filter that comes with it after emptying it.

I use my Sears vacuum to clean the rest of the house due to cords, deep clean the carpets in the LR, and front and back entries, dust my coffee and end tables etc. Within 1/2 hour the house is cleaned. I need my vacuum to clean the carpeted stairs going to the basement and the carpet in the extra BR and rest of the basement downstairs.
    If you declutter your house so that the floor is clear of dog dishes, cords, magazine stands etc., the Roomba works very well. I use the best of it and am glad of it but found it has limitations.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

What about throw rugs? And do they adjust or adapt or transfer from hardwood to an area rug?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    What about throw rugs? And do they adjust or adapt or transfer from hardwood to an area rug?
    My 6x8 foot rug would be alright because it is stiff but a softer one with a thick underpaid may cause problems.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I have no experience with Roomba, but I've been really pleased with my Bissell Zing, which was cheap, is lightweight, and I believe I've had it for about 7 years now. The only downside is tiny bags that are pretty expensive, but I think all vacuum bags are way overpriced. I've been able to get them on Amazon for a better price than from Bissell. We have all hard floors; I don't think this would be a good choice for carpeted floors.
    This looks pretty much like the one I have:
    https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Bagge...s=bissell+zing

Love my Roomba. WE have lots of dog hair. You just pick up small items before you run it.

Bump. Now that I am a 1-person housecleaning team, I am contemplating a Roomba for vacuuming the main floor of our house, or at least several of the rooms in it. Mostly carpeted except for one of the bathrooms. Some pet fur issues, pets all short-haired.

I was looking at the Roomba 980 model.

Are these actually useful, or more of a widget?

I know people love them, but i just couldn't. I can vacuum the whole house in ~20 minutes, even with the occasional chair or table to move.

These dudes take hours.

You do have to remove clutter and obstacles, or it gets confused.

They are just about as noisy as a regular vacuum. Don't think you can set it like the dishwasher to run while you sleep. Also, if you're home a lot or even work from home it's distracting. And again, takes hours! I

The cup for dirt is small, and it fills up before the room is swept clean. Sigh! I would need to run it daily to get each section done, empty dirt, reload and recharge, set off again.

I think it was scaring the dogs, too!

You can set it to run when asleep or gone. I love mine.

I can't think of a roomba without thinking about that funny story that went viral a few years ago where they guy's roomba spread dog poop all over the house.

I'm down to about 500 sq ft of carpet upstairs and that will hopefully be changed within a few years. There are two rugs in the kitchen that I vacuum every other day. Where I'm super messy with cooking and the back door where we pile up the shoes.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information