Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The bottom fell out (part II).

UL, hope your date turns out well tonight.

I'm not dating at the moment but I really don't have the time or inclination to with being my Mom's primary caregiver. I have a few friends in the neighborhood that I chat with when I am able to get out for a walk (not much these days, need to start getting up earlier), and I have my friends that I chat with on my various forums. But not ready for all the "hoo-ha" that goes on with dating.

As for being "normal" - my favorite quote is, "I'm not normal - I'm Nermal".

Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetForMe View Post
    UL, hope your date turns out well tonight.
    Thanks. I have not heard back from her since Monday. So I would not be surprised if I get stood up and she ghosts on me.

I'm not dating at the moment but I really don't have the time or inclination to with being my Mom's primary caregiver. I have a few friends in the neighborhood that I chat with when I am able to get out for a walk (not much these days, need to start getting up earlier), and I have my friends that I chat with on my various forums. But not ready for all the "hoo-ha" that goes on with dating.
    You are going through a tough time. I admire your sense of duty.
    As for being "normal" - my favorite quote is, "I'm not normal - I'm Nermal".
    LOL!

Welp... I am getting ready for this date. Rolling the dice again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Welp... I am getting ready for this date. Rolling the dice again...
    Have fun!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I went on the date. It actually went quite well. She is bright, well-read, likes foreign films, is an interesting person, and she is attractive.

But then I googled her after the date. I found her LinkedIn page. Turns out she lied about her age. She is not 40 like her dating profile said. She is actually 47.

Dishonesty is a major red flag.

oh man, that sucks especially since she seems promising. Does the age difference bother you or is it just the fact that she lied? Are you going to confront her?

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    oh man, that sucks especially since she seems promising. Does the age difference bother you or is it just the fact that she lied? Are you going to confront her?
    I prefer to date older women. When I thought she was 40 I was concerned that she still might have baby-rabies.

So if she had been honest and told me she was 47, I actually would have been less hesitant about her. 47 is totally fine by me!

The lying is what bothers me. If someone lies about something, then they are totally likely to lie about other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I prefer to date older women. When I thought she was 40 I was concerned that she still might have baby-rabies.

So if she had been honest and told me she was 47, I actually would have been less hesitant about her. 47 is totally fine by me!

The lying is what bothers me. If someone lies about something, then they are totally likely to lie about other things.
    Hmm.. I agree with you that lying is a red flag. At the same time, she probably assumes that you would be LESS interested in her if she were 47. Many women automatically think getting older is a death knell for relationships. Of course it also begs the question--if the relationship continued, when would she have told you the truth? You would have found out eventually. Maybe she was just trying to get her foot in the door so to speak.

How did you leave it with her (as far as future dates)?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Hmm.. I agree with you that lying is a red flag. At the same time, she probably assumes that you would be LESS interested in her if she were 47. Many women automatically think getting older is a death knell for relationships. Of course it also begs the question--if the relationship continued, when would she have told you the truth? You would have found out eventually. Maybe she was just trying to get her foot in the door so to speak.

How did you leave it with her (as far as future dates)?
    As the date was ending I suggested we get together again, perhaps for dinner and something else (some activity or something, maybe a foreign film since we both like those a lot).

When we parted I was feeling cautiously optimistic. This is a rare feeling for me when it comes to dates.

Then I googled her, found her, and she is 47. I thought: "She is dishonest."

Who knows when she would have told me? Who knows if the person I liked on the date last night is the real person she is?
    I also asked her when she came to the US and she said: "When I was in my 20s."

Obviously she was avoiding saying the year she came here.

Re the year she came to the USA: she might not remember! I've been here 17 or 18 years...I'd have to look it up to be sure.

Thread Information