Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from NC

Hello from NC

Just found this forum through a web search. I'm interested in learning how to live as simply and frugally as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetForMe View Post
    Just found this forum through a web search. I'm interested in learning how to live as simply and frugally as possible.
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. Feel free to share some of your story and tell us about your journey.

Welcome, TooSWeet. Look forward to talking more with you and hearing your experiences.

Welcome. Enjoy your time here, there is a lot of good info on these forums.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Welcome, from a member from over the pond!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes.

I am a caregiver or my Mom who had an aneurysm a little over a year ago and a hip replacement in 2015. She has short term memory problems and basically can't be left alone, so I moved in with her.

Welcome, TooSweet. I've learned a lot on here.

I'm a caregiver for my parents as well. I look forward to your posts

Welcome, TooSweet! My mother also had aneurysm. Your mother's lucky to have you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Freshstart, it's good to find someone else who is a caregiver. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Do you work also? I do some medical stuff online but not a lot.

Catherine, does your mom have any lasting side effects from the aneurysm?

Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetForMe View Post
    Freshstart, it's good to find someone else who is a caregiver. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Do you work also? I do some medical stuff online but not a lot.

Catherine, does your mom have any lasting side effects from the aneurysm?
    She had the brain aneurysm in 1978 at age 50. After the operation to clip three aneurysms, she suffered a stroke. The end result of both of those brain events was that she was mentally disoriented for a year or so. She recovered from that over time, but was unable to care for herself after that. She also was paralyzed on her left side, but she regained almost full use of her left leg. Her left arm remained paralyzed for the rest of her life. She lived 20 years after the aneurysm and died at age 69 from heart disease and emphysema (she had been a lifelong smoker).

I wish I had the opportunity to have done more caregiving for her. At the time I had 4 kids and family issues besides. I just didn't have the bandwidth to do it. I know caregiving is not easy, but I don't think you'll ever be sorry to have done it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information