Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Ballpark shooting

  1. #1
    Senior Member dmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    702

    Ballpark shooting

    It's interesting that there is no mention of the shooting. Is this just the next move of the resistance?

    I have a concealed carry permit, but I never carried. I kept a gun in the car, but that is now changing. I did buy a carry gun just in case I wanted to, but now I'm wondering if I should chose one with more capacity. I have a PPS that is 7+1 with an extra 6 round mag. But I'm thinking my hi power or sig with 15+1 might be a better choice now.

    I go to the range regularly, but I'll now carry when I'm out.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    It's interesting that there is no mention of the shooting. Is this just the next move of the resistance?
    Uh... what are you talking about?
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,250
    The gun control side fired on the "enemy" fortunately he didn't have very good gun control and no one else was killed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    702
    He had a SKS, maybe the Russians are involved.

  5. #5
    Senior Member dmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The gun control side fired on the "enemy" fortunately he didn't have very good gun control and no one else was killed.
    And thankfully the capital police bravely took him on with only their pistols.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,822
    Perhaps civil society is breaking down... very slowly, very incrementally.

    Either way, my motto for a while has just been: "Brace for impact."

    I see things steadily getting worse.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  7. #7
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,937
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    It's interesting that there is no mention of the shooting.
    I thought it was interesting too and have wondered for the past two days when someone would start a thread about it.
    But, I guess you have to know your audience. A Bernie supporter intentionally went after a group of Republican Congressmen. No surprise there, and probably justified since we all know that Republicans want poor people to die, women and minorities to be subjugated and the LGBT communities to be vilified.

    The entire event was just a poor soul trying to protect himself from evil oppressors. Damned Republicans!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I thought it was interesting too and have wondered for the past two days when someone would start a thread about it.
    But, I guess you have to know your audience. A Bernie supporter intentionally went after a group of Republican Congressmen. No surprise there, and probably justified since we all know that Republicans want poor people to die, women and minorities to be subjugated and the LGBT communities to be vilified.

    The entire event was just a poor soul trying to protect himself from evil oppressors. Damned Republicans!
    I think you are doing what you are accusing the left of doing when you say things like: "A Bernie supporter intentionally went after a group of Republican Congressmen. No surprise there..."

    Uh, actually it is rather surprising.

    Imagine if I said this about the Portland Train Attack: "Right winger harasses young women of color then stabs and kills a few people. No surprise there..."

    I am surprised when these horrible acts of violence happen. But I am becoming less and less surprised by them because it seems like they happen more and more often. And that is multilayered tragedy...
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  9. #9
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I think you are doing what you are accusing the left of doing when you say things like: "A Bernie supporter intentionally went after a group of Republican Congressmen. No surprise there..."

    Uh, actually it is rather surprising.

    Imagine if I said this about the Portland Train Attack: "Right winger harasses young women of color then stabs and kills a few people. No surprise there..."

    I am surprised when these horrible acts of violence happen. But I am becoming less and less surprised by them because it seems like they happen more and more often. And that is multilayered tragedy...
    Just repeating popular, yet mis-guided, opinions in a tongue-in-cheek way. Look back over virtually any thread in this forum and you'll see examples of each sentiment stated. Multiply that by all the internet discussion forums, social media and progressive leaning media and it's no wonder that an un-balanced person finally snaps.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,759
    I think most people here really try to avoid talking about the gun problem we have in this country. Like Congress, there seems to be no middle ground. I think some here are more open to compromise than others.

    I watched an interview of a man (forget who exactly) who was on the ball field playing when the shooting occurred. He went on and on about how they (in Congress) have to be more open to each other, and into compromise. The interviewer said something like "How can we deal with situations like this?".......and he responded "Well, I know my colleague so-and-so and I have decided to carry a gun with us here."

    It might be a natural reaction to escalate the defense by arming one's self.......but surely there are alternative ways of dealing with things, other than everyone walking around armed and read to shoot at a moment's notice.

    We, in this country, keep talking, talking, talking and don't fix anything. We have a horrible gun problem in this country, but nobody wants to give up their guns. Yes, most of you here who own guns are responsible gun owners.......but there must be some compromise where we can deal with this issue without gun owners freaking out when talking about somehow limiting the guns out there. Seems like our "rights" are keeping us unsafe.
    It's very disconcerting to me that we can't deal with the violence issue in this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •