Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What, no Tide or Cheer or etc granular?

What, no Tide or Cheer or etc granular?

My grocery store has almost a complete aisle devoted to clothes washing detergent. But it seems to be all liquid.

When did this happen? Is your grocery store carrying only liquid, too?

There was two boxes of granular type detergent, one f whoch was sme weird hypo allergenic thng.

What is going on?

I've noticed that a couple stores around here, besides rearranging the whole dang store, that they are changing brands on a lot of things.
    I buy the Arm and Hammer Powder in the boxes. Sometimes it's hard to find, but so far it's always been at Walmart or Kroger. I'll be ticked if they ever get rid of it. I might even stop washing my clothes.

I get powdered detergent at Costco. We love it. It goes so much farther.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

water.

I was just so surprised to see the large array of liquid detergent. I don't know what's going on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I get powdered detergent at Costco. We love it. It goes so much farther.
    So far in life I refuse to buy liquid products when you can get some granular/ powder because you are paying for water.

I was just so surprised to see the large array of liquid detergent. I don't know what's going on there.

I have noticed that most detergents seem to be moving to the overpriced plastic pods which I don't want to use. That and or liquid but very little powder of any kind anymore.

I've been buying my laundry detergent at the Dollar or 99cent stores for years now. Still plenty of powders to choose from there/

I really disliked the powder. My washer and the low water had issues with dissolving all of it. Nothing worse than finding undissolved detergent on clothes. We use no dye or perfume High Efficiency liquid or pods.

My appliance repair guy said that water has to be a certain warm temperature in order to dissolve the powder properly. My warm setting isn't warm enough so I run the hot first for 30 seconds and then turn it to warm.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I have noticed that most detergents seem to be moving to the overpriced plastic pods which I don't want to use. That and or liquid but very little powder of any kind anymore.
    A repairman that came to work on my dishwasher last year said never use the pods in the dishwasher or the washer. He said the plastic doesn't all disolve and clogs up things. Can't explain it the way he did, but that is basically what it boiled down to.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

A shout out for making your own laundry detergent, which we have been doing for eight years. We use the Duggar recipe. Things you need on hand to store are granular, IL, borax and washing soda. Only other ingredient is bar soap. You add the water, the heat, and the stirring. WE have saved so much money over the years.

Thread Information