Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a grant!

I got a grant!

My 5 year grant is over and it has been great to provide so much programming for the community. So we have been wondering what happens next, not only was our current grant on the cut list by current administration we were not sure if we could get further grants in this political climate. However it is working out! I have a 3 year grant starting this August. It is going to cover a nice foundation of after school programming. The guidelines are pretty easy, programming needs to be around social-emotional learning, I need to track attendance and submit monthly, I need to track social emotional outcomes, the regular stuff. It is pretty flexible, I can hire a combination of outside providers and teachers or paras as long as I stay in the amount of money allocated.

I have until the end of Monday to have my plan put together. I have already been talking to providers like the soccer program I have had for a couple years. We have already worked on making the program about learning pro-social skills, team work, self control, etc. So that one can be counted. Parents have been asking for nutrition and sports so we can put some cooking classes in as well.

So lots to do this weekend! in a good way

Yppej
    Great news!

Huzzah!

Social-emotional learning? Is that the kind of thing that's taught in schools now?

That's great! Congratulations!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yay! Good!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Social-emotional learning? Is that the kind of thing that's taught in schools now?
    Well I am after school/summer so we do some different things. We can target an area outside of academic work during our program time, and that is what the grant money is specified for. I imagine that this is also being incorporated in the school day but they do not track data on it like we do.

job well done! congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Well I am after school/summer so we do some different things. We can target an area outside of academic work during our program time, and that is what the grant money is specified for. I imagine that this is also being incorporated in the school day but they do not track data on it like we do.
    I'm happy and relieved you will be employed for the duration!

Congrats!

Thread Information