My 5 year grant is over and it has been great to provide so much programming for the community. So we have been wondering what happens next, not only was our current grant on the cut list by current administration we were not sure if we could get further grants in this political climate. However it is working out! I have a 3 year grant starting this August. It is going to cover a nice foundation of after school programming. The guidelines are pretty easy, programming needs to be around social-emotional learning, I need to track attendance and submit monthly, I need to track social emotional outcomes, the regular stuff. It is pretty flexible, I can hire a combination of outside providers and teachers or paras as long as I stay in the amount of money allocated.

I have until the end of Monday to have my plan put together. I have already been talking to providers like the soccer program I have had for a couple years. We have already worked on making the program about learning pro-social skills, team work, self control, etc. So that one can be counted. Parents have been asking for nutrition and sports so we can put some cooking classes in as well.

So lots to do this weekend! in a good way