Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retired Minimalists with 5 young kids (had a baby this week) currently living in Oz

from another Canadian. Are you homeschooling the children or a blend of public and private? Tell us about your area's climate, primary industry etc so that we can get a context for the minimalist lifestyle in your part of the world.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

G'day, from the Mother country!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Welcome. I am interested in how you pay for healthcare and how you plan on paying for college for the five little ones. That's at least a half million right there. Pick a forum and start a thread.
    Thanks. We live in Australia at the moment where healthcare is cheap and free for kids.
    College would be $100,000 each in the US? That is crazy! That is a terrible ROI. Luckily we are not in the U.S and if our kids decide to go to college/uni we would help them to find ways to pay for it themselves, like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetForMe View Post
    Hi David and welcome to the forums.

5 kids.... wow...... I think I would have gone nutty if I had 5 kids. I have always admired the big families, though. They seem to pull together for each other in a crisis.
    I never would I thought that I would have had 5 kids. But now I can't imagine life without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Thanks. We live in Australia at the moment where healthcare is cheap and free for kids.
    College would be $100,000 each in the US? That is crazy! That is a terrible ROI. Luckily we are not in the U.S and if our kids decide to go to college/uni we would help them to find ways to pay for it themselves, like we did.
    Yeah, free healthcare and affordable education sounds all fine and dandy but you Australians don't have freedom! We Americans got you beat big league when it comes to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Yeah, free healthcare and affordable education sounds all fine and dandy but you Australians don't have freedom! We Americans got you beat big league when it comes to that!
    Actually I am from New Zealand. What are talking about in regards to freedom? I am unsure of your meaning.

haha.. Funny--big league funny, UL. But cheap healthcare? And free for kids? And you Aussie's are still on the map? Amazing! (sorry for the sarcasm, Cossack.. it's not directed at you!!)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Actually I am from New Zealand. What are talking about in regards to freedom? I am unsure of your meaning.
    I thought New Zealand was part of Australia.

You certainly aren't a minimalist where children are concerned.

I thought New Zealand was part of Australia.
    You know what thought did

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You certainly aren't a minimalist where children are concerned.
    touché

Thread Information