Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back after a hiatus and some life-restructuring

Where we live the old, small houses close to downtown cost more then in the burbs. They say the Millennial's want to be close to the action.

Welcome back. Yes, getting older is an interesting process. We also made a huge shift this past year and it remains to be seen whether it was the right move. But you never know until you try something. As is often recommended for retirees, we cashed out on our house in the inner burbs of a too expensive city and moved to a city/state where we could pay cash for a house. But we underestimated the strength of homesickness and all the little things you take for granted, i.e. familiarity. General discombobulation for going on a year now is not how I imagined it would play out.

I love watching the PHX downtown core come back to life and I want to continue to be part of it ...

There's still lots of old downtown PHX neighborhoods that people perceive as dangerous. So that keeps prices down for people like me who already live here and don't think it's dangerous. 😄

It took us 2-3 years to feel like PHX is home after moving from Ohio. Give it a little more time pinky toe ... I now have friends in PHX as close as those I had in Ohio,

I missed you Steve! Glad to have you back!

Welcome back!

Steve, good to see you! I retired 2 years ago. I have a million things to do but dont always do them. Like for instance this moment, I am typing on an iPad rather than groom lilies for the show tomorrow.

I logged in again to look at (and maybe comment on) some old threads here. Wow! What a reception! Thank you, all.

Congratulations, IL, on retirement. I see it as keeping about as busy as I was in the working world -- but (largely) on projects which interest and have value to me. It makes a huge difference.

pinkytoe and Tammy, best wishes on your new locations. It's an adjustment made with the best intentions. I'm guessing I'll get into it more in a thread somewhere here, but I think DW and I finally have agreed that we're in our (same old) house for the foreseeable future. When you look at living here from the YMOYL perspective, what it would cost us to move to something else is more than we want to pay. And, as Tammy mentioned, it's fun to watch a neighborhood finally seeing a renaissance, as ours is.

See you folks around the boards...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome back, Steve. I missed you, too and am happy to read your update.

Thread Information