Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you buy a house without a driveway?

I am starting to think that the parking issue may be more important to me than I originally realized. We shared a driveway one time and somehow I did all the shoveling, too, now that I think about it.

I live in Boston - there are many areas where the houses have only on street parking. I have a driveway, but that's mainly because the street I'm on are largely post WWII tickey tackey houses. Lots of other places have driveways that were added in some time after the houses were built, but many have no room for that.

I'm not sure what some people do during snow emergencies (all cars required to be off the street). Some public garages are made available, but that's only in some places. Other than that (and dealing with street cleaning), it's workable. We were in Cambridge 20 years ago and made it work (don't remember the details, but I did get really good at parallel parking). Some streets are also permitted only to local residents.

The original garages left around my area, were built for model T's and early model A's. Not tall enough for garage doors, let alone today's bigger vehicles. Carriage doors on them and most are used as lawn and garden sheds.
    I've been off for a few days, due to breathing problems. Someone was trying to squat in the vacant house next door and had stolen some stuff from a few peoples porches and the local officers chased them off once. Neighbor asked me to watch the door while they went in and recovered property, and the mold that hit me with the door open, caused all kinds of breathing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    The original garages left around my area, were built for model T's and early model A's. Not tall enough for garage doors, let alone today's bigger vehicles. Carriage doors on them and most are used as lawn and garden sheds.
    I've been off for a few days, due to breathing problems. Someone was trying to squat in the vacant house next door and had stolen some stuff from a few peoples porches and the local officers chased them off once. Neighbor asked me to watch the door while they went in and recovered property, and the mold that hit me with the door open, caused all kinds of breathing issues.
    That is terrible, toomuchstuff, and I am glad you are feeling somewhat better.

Thread Information