Thread: Comic con

Comic con

I am actually going this year, I have never been before. A parent at school does a seeing business and we talk a lot. She needed people to help give her a bathroom break and help with the booth sales. It Is next weekend and I realize I need to decide what to wear!

One idea is from the show Chuck, a basic white shirt and black tie with a nerd herd badge. It needs to be. Comfortable after all. I realize a lot of my favorite shows have pretty normal dressing characters,

Seeing business, Glasses?
    Don't get the Chuck reference, never saw it, but I think I know the show (think a relative loved it). I have never been to a comic con, no real reason to. But my nephew went a couple times, one year to a big one in St. Louis, and he dressed as the Joker and had all kinds of attention (cops wanting their pictures with him, little kids coming up to him, etc. Find something you enjoy and go for it.

Oops, my tablet keeps auto correcting. She has a sewing business, costuming. Mostly selling capes and tutus at comic con

So, Comic Con doesnt require that people dress as "comic book" characters?

I would go as Mags, the lead (guest) character from Justified Season 2. I am already her age, frumpy, and fat. i could throw on suspenders and mountain boots and carry some apple jack in a jug. Yep, that would be me, an easy transformation plus I LOVED that character.

Most of comic con's dress ups, are tv shows, movies, and other media in the scifi and fantasy genre's.

I had to transit through King's Cross Station in London yesterday. My sister (here on a surprise visit from Australia) asked what all the people in Hogwart's uniforms were doing. I explained they were waiting to have photograhs taken at Platform 9 3/4! I have seen wedding parties there in the past.....!

Oooh i am so excited, the Chuck costume did cost $20 for a tie but that is all. With more time I could have ordered online or went to goodwill. It can go in my costume stash however.

Then I had the idea for cowgirl Wonder Woman. I have the boots, the key piece. I got a red tank top and I will fabric paint or use yellow electric tape to make the symbol. I got blue fabric for a skirt for under $4 !! Another few dollars for thread and zipper and still under $10. I can make it and hem up for the costume very short and then let it down for a regular skirt for work. So everything has the potential of going into my closet,

Oooh i am so excited, the Chuck costume did cost $20 for a tie but that is all. With more time I could have ordered online or went to goodwill. It can go in my costume stash however.

Then I had the idea for cowgirl Wonder Woman. I have the boots, the key piece. I got a red tank top and I will fabric paint or use yellow electric tape to make the symbol. I got blue fabric for a skirt for under $4 !! Another few dollars for thread and zipper and still under $10. I can make it and hem up for the costume very short and then let it down for a regular skirt for work. So everything has the potential of going into my closet,

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    I had to transit through King's Cross Station in London yesterday. My sister (here on a surprise visit from Australia) asked what all the people in Hogwart's uniforms were doing. I explained they were waiting to have photograhs taken at Platform 9 3/4! I have seen wedding parties there in the past.....!
    The weddings that some people do. A friend was in his sisters wedding. The marriage didn't last and they spent a LOT of money, to have a ceremony, in a Catholic church, where they had to spend a LOT more, after the pastor (or whatever he is called), found out it was to be a costumed wedding as Snow White.

Thread Information