Thread: Grenfell Towers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grenfell Towers

I plead guilty to being outside of the news bubble for a few days or so, but in my relaxed combing-through-the news-on-a-Sunday mode, it just came to my attention that over 70 people died in an apartment building because of the gross negligence/lack of regulatory oversight. Over 10 days ago! Where was I??

I know dmc started a thread on why we weren't posting about the Congressional shooting, which actually occurred around the same time. Other news items of those days, June 14 and 15, were the Jeff Sessions testimony, and the Bill Cosby trial.

I understand that our news coverage focused on what was happening in Washington that day, but 79 people died in the UK and the news has barely touched it??

Am I missing something? Have I missed extensive CNN coverage, or NYT coverage? Do you think the media covered it adequately, or am I just unaware?

Anyway, to our friends in the UK, I am absolutely horrified by this tragedy.
    Last edited by catherine; 6-25-17 at 12:00pm.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information