Thread: Pics

Pics

I didn't know that I could post pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is adorable, love the green and white.

Nice plane!

I hired a Buyers agent to help me find a plane. I looked over several specification list of various planes from around the country. The wife said she liked the green one. So I bought the green one of coarse. I never saw the plane till it was delivered. It was based in Wisconsin and I lived in the St. Louis area at the time.

I was still a student pilot at the time so I couldn't fly it home anyway. And even after I got my license I had to get additional endorsements due to it being a complex and high performance plane. And the insurance company required an additional 25 hrs of dual with an instructor.

Williamsmith
    Tell me a little bit about it. What avionics do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Tell me a little bit about it. What avionics do you have?
    basic 6-pack, nothing fancy at this point. I'm planning on upgrading soon, looking at options. Has a Brittain auto pilot that I sent to the factory for overhaul that works great. Plan on upgrading to a waas gps and adsb soon, just having a hard time spending 20k or so to do it. Also looking at some of the newer glass panel options. When I talk with the avionic shop prices start hitting 50k plus pretty fast.

Ive owned the plane for 5 years now and have been happy with it. I've added shoulder harness, engine monitor, and a fuel totalizer. I've put 500 hrs on her and I've never been stranded, or not able to go. Mostly just routine maintenance, battery, alternator, tires, and small stuff here and there. I generally cruise around 175 mph @ 12 gph. If I'm going somewhere. It will go faster, but burns more fuel. For local burger runs or sightseeing I'll pull back to 9-10 gph.

Plane was previously owned by a former Motorola Vice President. He didn't fly it much, I guess he preferred one of his jets.

My new jet. 707hp stock. It's now doing about 900hp. 205mph stock, 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, stock. 22.6mph on a recent 6000 mile road trip. Seats 4, trunk stows about 3-4 bodies. Comes with factory warranty and comfortable seats.

Do you have CAPS on it?

Love both and thanks for posting. Hubby is working on his pilot license now, physical is next week. I think he is having more fun searching what's for sale. This however is his baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information