Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zen like acceptance or BS

Why do you say a rating of 3 a "B-?"

The 5 point scale was our performance evaluation tool as well as my old workplace and a rating of 3 was never akin to a B-.

This isnt school.

Tammy nailed it, in my opinion. It is hard not to see these reviews as indicative of one's worth as a person, but they truly are not and it's important to keep them in perspective.

UL - They have risen to the level of their incompetence!

😄

I hope to never rise that far. I want to stop and retire before I hit that place ... I laugh about it but it is a fear of mine.

In our system, a 3 would be average. You have to go above and beyond your job description to get more than 3. So a 3 is a good rating - you're doing your job!

Thank you all btw, great support and a reminder that my standards for myself are high.

I have talked to two colleagues that i really respect and they both got 2 ratings, with improvement plans. Seems like we are having one of those big accountability years! I am kinda pissed about both. One was in her first year in this position and that is often not accounted for. The other has not had a supervisor and then had one who did not have a clear idea of the scope of her work. This has been an ongoing issue. This year I had a family night in cooperation with her middle school. Her students made a video and I screened it for our 5th graders. Super great project. So my supervisor asked if she came to the family night, and I said no and said it was not part of our agreement. 20 minutes later she gets a call harshly questiining that she wasn't there from her supervisor. Since part of the evaluation process includes all the supervisors 'norming' us then this was a group process by all of them.

So glad to have my solid 3, and hoping to have a life next year.

Thank you all btw, great support and a reminder that my standards for myself are high.

I have talked to two colleagues that i really respect and they both got 2 ratings, with improvement plans. Seems like we are having one of those big accountability years! I am kinda pissed about both. One was in her first year in this position and that is often not accounted for. The other has not had a supervisor and then had one who did not have a clear idea of the scope of her work. This has been an ongoing issue. This year I had a family night in cooperation with her middle school. Her students made a video and I screened it for our 5th graders. Super great project. So my supervisor asked if she came to the family night, and I said no and said it was not part of our agreement. 20 minutes later she gets a call harshly questiining that she wasn't there from her supervisor. Since part of the evaluation process includes all the supervisors 'norming' us then this was a group process by all of them.

So glad to have my solid 3, and hoping to have a life next year.

Sounds like it was a high review after all.
    Just hope you can focus on other things--being reviewed is not all that, you know.

Thread Information