Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have Brit Box?

Does anyone have Brit Box?

I got an ad for Brit Box, a netflix like service for all things British, anyone tried it? I am hesitant to pay for yet another service to get media but love British tv so I'm curious.

I love it too. So far we have found everything on Netflix.

No, but my friend has Acorn, a similar serbice that offers up British tv series.

For me, I get dvds from the library, I dont need things streamed into my home.

Have you all seen Regency House Party? I think it might be American television but all the actors/ participants are British and they are recreating a Regency house party. I got it at the library yesterday and watched a little last night. It's kind of like Bachelor meets Persuasion. You might like it.

I've never heard of Brit Box or Acorn. Will have to Google both of them.

I subscribe to Brit Box... just watched the Granada TV adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
    As a lower cost alternative there is the app for BBC. There is more UK content on the BBC than one could see/hear in a lifetime in front of a telly. I especially enjoy classical music on BBC 3 (no video of course).

We just started BritBox yesterday (I am sick in bed and binge watching). Noticed it had all my favorites and a host of new programs.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I subscribe to Brit Box... just watched the Granada TV adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
    As a lower cost alternative there is the app for BBC. There is more UK content on the BBC than one could see/hear in a lifetime in front of a telly. I especially enjoy classical music on BBC 3 (no video of course).
    thanks for the advice about the BBC app, that sounds perfect!

Is the BBC app on the Roku or or the cell phone? Or both, maybe?

I use Brit Box for entertainment videos from the BBC and I subscribe through Amazon video. For audio there are a couple of choices that work on kindle. "Listen to the BBC" which is where I get BBC 3, and I believe all the services can be accessed. Or "BBC Media Player" which accesses selected video news clips, culture shows, etc, as well as BBC World Service news items. I never tried watching on cell phone.

Thread Information