Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Sandwich generation thread

I'm sorry Becky Liz for your loss. It's so hard.

I am so sorry. But I can think of a lot worse ways to die then going in your sleep. My Mom was stubborn like that too. My Dad used to call her a stubborn old German)

Yppej
    My sympathies Beckyliz.

oh, Beckyliz, I'm so sorry to hear this. But glad that it sounds like it was peaceful It was good of her to give you the gift of pre-planning.

Sitting in her own chair at home and falling asleep --- so much better than on a ventilator in a hospital. She had a good death, compared to so many. I'm glad you continued to give her autonomy until the end. May you find peace throughout this process of grieving and settling her estate.

Beckyliz, so sorry to hear of your loss. She was at peace when she went, though, it sounds like. My mom says she wants to go like that, also, in her sleep. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry this happened, beckyliz. As Tammy said, though, it's good that your mom met death on pretty much her own terms. It's also good that your mother cared enough about her progeny to handle her funeral details as well. But it still stinks to lose a parent. I wish you and your family peace...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My condolences to you and yours, beckyliz though I am sorry to hear that you had to find her. She did get what she wanted in the end, staying in her own home and it sounds like she did not suffer. Glad she made the preplanning, that makes things so much easier. I get the stubborn Swede thing, though, that is what my mom called my grandfather though she had a bit of that stubborn streak herself.

Wishing your family peace as you move forward.

Even as our parents become elderly, it's still a mental shock to have them pass away. It sounds like you will have help with the details going forward, so I hope it all goes well for you. Take care.

Oh, my, thank you all for your kind words. I agree, I'm pretty sure there was no pain. As shocking as it was for me to find her, I'm just glad it wasn't one of her grandkids. I have thought about what would've have happened if she had gone to the ER - probably a long, drawn out downward spiral. So this is what she would've wanted.

thanks again - I appreciate you.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information