Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solar Eclipse 2017

Nashville is out of range for full view (My Favorite City). Clarksville and Hopkinsville are perfect. I hear they are expecting 100,000 on the expressway watching! My glasses came Monday!!! SO Excited. Silly me I ordered a shirt today to wear commemorating the event.

I can't remember what year it was. My children were young.....maybe 1994? and there was some sort of solar eclipse. We were outside and, of course, never looked at the sun........I think we did the small hole in a piece of cardboard and saw it on the sidewalk? Anyhow......what I remember the most about it was the strange color everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I can't remember what year it was. My children were young.....maybe 1994? and there was some sort of solar eclipse. We were outside and, of course, never looked at the sun........I think we did the small hole in a piece of cardboard and saw it on the sidewalk? Anyhow......what I remember the most about it was the strange color everywhere.
    Yes, it will display through a hole in something. And I agree with you about the color. I've seen two partial eclipses that I recall and both times I felt quite disoriented. The first happened while I was out for lunch at work when I was maybe 25. It was a perfectly sunny summer day but it just didn't feel normal. After a few minutes I headed back inside my office building because I was so creeped out at how weird it felt.

Thread Information