Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solar Eclipse 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017

I am so excited! first in 99 years and probably the only one that I will be able to see full eclipse. I ordered my glasses and am driving 8 hours for the 2 minutes 21 seconds of darkness! I am going to TN from MI.

Anyone else viewing this?

There has been mention of its coming in the media but I have not had time to investigate it as yet from my geographic location. Is there a map showing the range that you can share since you knew to go to TN?

This thread prompted me to go looking for a better idea and found this map and article explaining the areas in NA that will see from 100% to 40% of the eclipse.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3548728/ca...pse-august-21/
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We are in the epicenter and will get a few second more of it tan you guys!

I am looking at the Northern Lights in MI as a fast trip when the opportunity arises. I signed up for alerts and since that would be a 5 hour drive I am happy to go too. http://www.midarkskypark.org

I have told everyone about the up coming mini trip and the eclipse. It seemed so eventful to me that once in the last 99 years and all. The reaction I have gotten has been pretty much the same. Oh that's nice. Why would you go, why not just turn the lights out? Mostly nobody has heard of this happening.

This has been interesting to me really. I am waiting to speak to anyone I mention it to that responds with a Wow that will be great or I am too.

I had no idea about this. We live in the 85%, but that week we will be in Massachusetts....so only 60%. Too bad! Enjoy those Northern Lights, too!

We're going up to Oregon to see it. We planned our trip at least six months ago and already the closest hotel we could get was Portland, so we'll have to get up early that morning and drive south. I'm expecting traffic that morning will be bonkers, so we'll plan on it taking 2-3 times what it would take with no traffic.

DH, DD, & DSIL are flying to meet in Nashville. Glasses are already purchased.

We're skipping our week-long family vacation this year for various reasons, but after I saw this thread I'm thinking maybe we could do a long weekend either in Nashville or Charleston. My son's birthday is 8/20 so that would tie in nicely.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information