Thread: Looks too good to be true... heard anything about neotube.tv?

Looks too good to be true... heard anything about neotube.tv?

Supposedly, a way to cut the cable cord. Get any type of tv programs, movies, documentaries, series, sports by just buying this box. I think it is a hoax. Anyone know about this?

I haven't heard of it, but a lot of people cut the cable with a good antenna, a streaming box--like Roku--and a couple of subscriptions. I'm thinking about it.
    I'll look into Neotube.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I haven't heard of it, but a lot of people cut the cable with a good antenna, a streaming box--like Roku--and a couple of subscriptions. I'm thinking about it.
    I'll look into Neotube.
    Also, to tape main stream tv.... channelmaster.com.

I would need to see what the box looks like, but it appears to be similar to several things I have seen marketed. Most are some sort of Raspberry PI type of device with OSMC configured to use sights that eventually get shut down. (like CH131 a few years ago, or many others)
    Based on that, these tend to be out of date in six months or less.

There are an amazing number of those pirate boxes, Kodi, for example.

I have a Roku and it meets my needs for TV along with $7.99 a month for Netflix or Hula. I just cancelled Netflix and going to try Hula for awhile. I figure if all I spent for TV is $7.99/month, then I am way ahead of the game compared to cable and satellite.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    I have a Roku and it meets my needs for TV along with $7.99 a month for Netflix or Hula. I just cancelled Netflix and going to try Hula for awhile. I figure if all I spent for TV is $7.99/month, then I am way ahead of the game compared to cable and satellite.

This is fine if you are not looking to get sports... such as the Big 10 network. Sling tv looks interesting too.

We have Roku devices on our two TVs. We subscribe to SlingTV, Hulu, Netflix. We also have Amazon Prime, so can watch stuff there, too. I also subscribe to CBS All Access ($5.99/mo) because we can't receive our local CBS affiliate with our antennae. So, we pay about $45 a month for TV, which may be a lot, but it's much less than what we were paying AT&T for cable. Now, to find a cheaper internet provider. Our two local providers (ATT & Cox) are about the same.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Supposedly, a way to cut the cable cord. Get any type of tv programs, movies, documentaries, series, sports by just buying this box. I think it is a hoax. Anyone know about this?
    ANYONE know about this?????

Thread Information