Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flag protocol

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think that's an nterestng choice of activity, but a good one. It serves to unify intent of the group, to remind them that they all are there to advance progress of the U.S.

Maybe a rousing chorus of God Bless America (oh wait, God is there, nope) or My Country Tis of Thee
    would serve the same purpose. It is just that God Bless America is the easiest of the three anthems to,sing. i didnt mention Star Spangled
    banner because it is ridiculous to sing.
    I love our national anthem! It's so gloriously defiant and bloody-minded.

Williamsmith
    I am not especially zealous when it comes to displaying the flag. I own one that was raised and flown in Iraq. Standing before the flag does not inspire me to national patriotism......it reminds me of individual sacrifice that has happened to benefit me and my comfortable position. For that I place my hand over my heart and remember thankfully.

The house we bought came with a giant telescoping flagpole (at least to top of second floor) set in concrete in the entry garden amidst the roses. It must have held a huge American flag with a previous owner. I kidded to DH that we ought to irritate the neighbors and fly all kinds of flags - a Texas flag, a gay flag, skull and cross bones. We could do that back in Austin with nary a hitch but it would not sit kindly with the folks on this street.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The house we bought came with a giant telescoping flagpole (at least to top of second floor) set in concrete in the entry garden amidst the roses. It must have held a huge American flag with a previous owner. I kidded to DH that we ought to irritate the neighbors and fly all kinds of flags - a Texas flag, a gay flag, skull and cross bones. We could do that back in Austin with nary a hitch but it would not sit kindly with the folks on this street.
    Ha! Fly all three at once. That will scramble their brains.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I live in a community where the only flag permitted to be flown is the official flag of the United States. It is in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I live in a community where the only flag permitted to be flown is the official flag of the United States. It is in writing.
    I don't know... I like living in a place where you can let your freak flag fly!

William, there was something in the news recently about someone is a community such as yours and they made him take down his Marine Corps flag. He flew the US flag, higher of course, as well.

Ick :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    William, there was something in the news recently about someone is a community such as yours and they made him take down his Marine Corps flag. He flew the US flag, higher of course, as well.
    Wow! Where is Lee Greenwood when you need him?

I assume this is an HOA rule? Imagine the howls if an HOA tried to impinge on the 2nd amendment as much as this does on the first.

Thread Information