Thread: Happy Canada Day, July 1 and Happy July 4th!

Happy Canada Day, July 1 and Happy July 4th!

Wishing each an enjoyable weekend as we are so fortunate living in North America.

Yes, I am Canadian and very pleased that my parents chose Canada to raise their family and provide wonderful opportunities.

It is so easy to forget and take for granted what others dream of having at some point in their lives.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Let's hear it for Canada--your parents made a wise choice!
    My parents honeymooned in Victoria; I wish they had settled there.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday, and survives the "bombs bursting in air" noise.

Happy Canada Day. My mom was Canadian. They came to the states in the 30s. She was naturalized in the early 40s. Her brothers joined the Royal Canadian Air Force before the US entered the war. I've loved visiting Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and last year we were on the Georgian Bay. Lovely place in the summer.

Yppej
    I am so grateful to Canada for accepting my mother, grandmother and aunt as refugees, and to the United States for offering religious freedom to my Puritan and Quaker ancestors, to the American Revolution for freeing my Maryland ancestor of indentured servitude and giving him land in exchange for his service, and for the ways in which we continue to evolve and grow, such as legalizing gay marriage. Next I'd like to see us destigmatize and offer full medical insurance for all behavioral health issues. So while I'm glad we're independent I do respect Prince Harry for opening up about his depression.

Happy 150th Birthday to all us Canadians here and a Happy July 4th to All the Americans!

And, yes the noise from Fireworks was ridiculous last night way into the wee hours of the morning and
    now it has already started again by 6:00 this morning.
    It never ceases to amazing how much money people spend on them!

Wow, Happy Canada Day, you guys! I didn't realize it was 150 years! Enjoy the fireworks!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Last night we drank to Canada at theawards ards dinner of the North American Lily Society. This organization shares responsibility for promotion and study of lilies across our shared border.

Happy 4th of July!

Here's a fun little video from the musical 1776. William Daniels as John Adams was classic.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

What is the word that John Adams keeps repeating. It sounds like 'porteous'. Congress is repeating sit down. Cute video. When one looks at the actions of politicians everywhere over the years, it is fascinating the see the strength of character displayed at times.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    What is the word that John Adams keeps repeating. It sounds like 'porteous'. Congress is repeating sit down. Cute video. When one looks at the actions of politicians everywhere over the years, it is fascinating the see the strength of character displayed at times.

I agree, razz. I am completely amazed and in awe of the character of some of the people who have made things happen despite great odds

He's crying out "Vote Yes! Vote Yes! Vote for Independency!"

I love that opening quote: "I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, two is called a law firm, and three or more constitute a Congress!"

Thread Information