Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone have audible.com?

I find my iPad superior to the Kindle for reading Kindle books. I have the Kindle app on it and it's great. My Paperwhite is smaller, even though I have an iPad mini. I think you made a great choice, freshstart! Good luck with it!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

EBooks from the library are becoming a staple in my entertainment arsenal. I download them to Kindle for PC, following a series of prompts from the library and Amazon. Then they are available to all my other devices via Amazon's cloud. I have Bookbub, so get a daily list of suggested books to work from (I'm not sure where Bookbub got the idea dystopian fiction was my thing..). If they're free or 99 cents, I usually download them on the spot, or I can check the library for availability--especially for the more expensive titles. I have a backlog that will probably outlive me. I've also downloaded audiobooks on occasion. I'm a huge fan of our library system and all that it can do these days.

I use Bookbub, too. It thinks I like bodice rippers. Does anyone have flipster? My library offers that, it's tons of free magazines best viewed on a regular sized iPad. I am in awe of my library system and if I have a little leftover, would like to leave some money to the only left in the ghetto. My librarians knew me so well over the years that when I suddenly stopped coming in for so long, they told me they thought I had surely died, they all hugged me when I came back, lol.

I did a test subscription of it just to hear Wil Wheaton reading Masters of Doom, and then Redshirts, but I am planning to cancel once I finish Redshirts. I don't have a commute that makes audio books a really useful thing, and I can read books a lot faster than I can listen to them. I only wanted to hear Wil Wheaton's rendition of the stories....(for those who don't know him, he played Wesley Crusher on Star Trek TNG, and became a geek icon who appears on the Big Bang Theory).

I learned about Librivox from someone here on the forums. Free public domain audiobooks. They're mostly classics, like Jane Eyre, etc., but I love listening to them. You might want to check it out. Librivox.com
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

thanks, I'll check that out

Thread Information