Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: Nothing wrong with looking! Not anymore...?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    UL ...all you need is a health insurance card that covers spouses. Instant suitor!
    I have that. My job also gives half-off tuition for a university education through the doctoral level for a spouse.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  2. #42
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    UL ...all you need is a health insurance card that covers spouses. Instant suitor!
    I've found that if I appear wealthy, even if wearing a wedding ring, out come the sharks.

    If I appear to be a hillbilly, no takers.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,121
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I've found that if I appear wealthy, even if wearing a wedding ring, out come the sharks.

    If I appear to be a hillbilly, no takers.
    I know am a wacky cross between country boy, organic intellectual, and workin' schlub.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  4. #44
    Senior Member Williamsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Penns Woods
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I have that. My job also gives half-off tuition for a university education through the doctoral level for a spouse.
    Well, you simply aren't frequenting the right places. Enough complaining. You might try Russia or Romania.....they make very attentive spouses and can usually be gotten for the fraction of the cost of an American.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Williamsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Penns Woods
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I've found that if I appear wealthy, even if wearing a wedding ring, out come the sharks.

    If I appear to be a hillbilly, no takers.
    In my neck of the woods......the opposite holds true. Rich people are for robbing....not marrying.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In my neck of the woods......the opposite holds true. Rich people are for robbing....not marrying.
    LOL!!!
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  7. #47
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Well, you simply aren't frequenting the right places. Enough complaining. You might try Russia or Romania.....they make very attentive spouses and can usually be gotten for the fraction of the cost of an American.
    Sounds like a good deal!

    My buddy the other day was telling me to go to Japan. Apparently he thinks I would do quite well over there.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  8. #48
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    In my neck of the woods......the opposite holds true. Rich people are for robbing....not marrying.
    In this case, I think the motivations are the same.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,121
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In this case, I think the motivations are the same.
    and
    and
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  10. #50
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,214
    Having one's own money is very freeing.

    My beloved was about 45 when he succumbed to my charm. He made slightly less money than I did. Predatory dating, seeing another human being as a sinecure or a servant, strikes me as repulsive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •