Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices dropping.

We got down to $1.87 and in one day it is back to $2.15 most places. (except for two independents who are fighting it out for customers at one intersection. One there is 1.84 and the other is 1.89.)

Low gas here is still over 3.

Paid $2.43 at Costco this week here in Phoenix. Gas station across the street is charging $2.65.
    I haven't seen that big of a price spread between Costco and regular gas station for a long time - makes me wonder how Costco handles their bulk gas purchases. I'm sure there has to be some contract price for a certain period.
    I know it's a huge thing for aviation - it's a high-risk game of "do I lock in at x price" or do I wait a little longer and hold out for something better knowing it could possible get worse? I wouldn't want that job, where a difference of pennies per gallon can make or break profit on an already slim profit margin business.

Our last fill-up was $2.55 per gallon.

Williamsmith
    I slip over the state line into Ohio for gas that is on average 60 cents cheaper. The Governor here thinks that he can reach into the citizens pockets any chance he gets. Well, just because the Commonwealth is so large that you can’t drive through it without stopping for gas , he’s taking advantage of non residents. The residents have other ideas. Same goes for alcoholic beverages. Much cheaper across the border.

The last time I paid any attention to gas prices, they were 29 cents a gallon.
    "It is what it is" was never more apt.

$2.39 here. I don't drive a lot as my work commute is just 13m roundtrip. There was a $0.50 drop between fill-ups!

$3.25 in the San Francisco east bay area today...

3.05 is the cheapest here, but you'll wait in line trying to get the cheapest gas in town. $3.50-$3.60 is more typical. I don't really care, our roads will get funded, and there should be an incentive to conservation. I can't say I'm lucky enough to have a short commute, but I did buy a fuel efficient car so that I wouldn't have to sweat it too much.
    Trees don't grow on money

Paid $1.99 today. Paid $6.50 for avgas, but that was to waive the parking fee at Key West. I had to buy 7 gallons to avoid the ramp fee of $29.

So prices are good down here.

Thread Information