Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Some day we will have a single payer healthcare system simply because we failed to agree on how to fix this horrible system we have now. Whether Obamacare is so abhorrent because it was a rush job or because it was intended to place us in a favorable frame of mind for accepting single payer.......doesn't matter.....it will be irrelevant. What this thread proves is we are incapable of problem solving without finger pointing and so we will look for a model to adopt. Well, lucky for us, there are plenty to choose from and before we kill each other over it.......we ought to pick one and commit for the sake of preserving the superpower we still are. Moving along the same path is sure ruin. After all folks...this isn't rocket science.....it's just healthcare.
    I think you're right on that. The Rugged Individualists and Eternal Victims will argue for a few more years, but in the end government scope creep and entitlement marketing will -probably win out. Hopefully, there will still be some free-market supplement options allowed at the margins.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What part of being assumed to be a looter for simply protesting being unacceptable to an extreme don't you understand, Bae? Rob of the 85006

You made the assumption. You need to step down or be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    You made the assumption. You need to step down or be removed.
    Or at least dial back the faux-victim talk. Rob, no one called you a looter. That looting happens in conjunction with protesting is hardly a shocking disclosure.

Terry, what a difficult situation--my heart goes out to you.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yes, Terry, Freshstart, you guys are on the frontlines here. SO hard. And Terry--for stepping up for your friends--I am in awe.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Or at least dial back the faux-victim talk. Rob, no one called you a looter. That looting happens in conjunction with protesting is hardly a shocking disclosure.
    In my world, protesting does not automatically equate with looting. Matter of fact, there was no looting going on last Fall when I protested against the Well Fargo Brand when their evil came to light, nor was there any looting at the United Airlines Brand protests I recently was part of. It's a stereotype - and one I'll admit is perpetuated by the media, that looting always takes place at protests. Not so. I am living proof of otherwise. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yes, Terry, Freshstart, you guys are on the frontlines here. SO hard. And Terry--for stepping up for your friends--I am in awe.
    +1 Rob

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Terry, what a difficult situation--my heart goes out to you.
    +1 Rob

Terry: I also admire you for your selfless friendship.

Rob: I agree that it's pretty insulting to equate protesting with looting. There have been tons of peaceful protests in history--although some have turned violent by the protestees (I guess that's not a word--it got rejected by spellcheck. I'm thinking in particular of all the non-violent protests by King, Gandhi and Mandela)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Terry: I also admire you for your selfless friendship.

Rob: I agree that it's pretty insulting to equate protesting with looting. There have been tons of peaceful protests in history--although some have turned violent by the protestees (I guess that's not a word--it got rejected by spellcheck.)
    Thank You, Catherine. I appreciate your take on this and your kind words. Rob

Thread Information