Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Most of our presidents have had lovers--even, reportedly, Dwight Eisenhower, who is a favorite of mine. Clinton's indiscretions were only notable for being publicly revealed.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    One thing I will say about Donald Trump - constant fear and shame and embarrassment of him and what he stands for has in it's own strange way been good for the 85006. Folks here are getting more unified, more willing to get involved in protesting, making calls, sending emails, writing letters, getting to know their neighbors - there was much of this going on before Trump due to justified terror of the police/police brutality but now the residents of the 85006 seem to realize that this is a price tag of living in America - insane government that works against you and not for you. By getting involved in The Resistance, I've had the chance to meet more of the neighborhood and it's really nice and heart warming to live in them middle of Central Phoenix but yet feel at times that I'm in a small town as I run across people I know often and stop and chat at least for a few minutes if I can.

So there's some good. But as far as Donald Trump's behavior overall? Seems to me by now we have been conditioned as a nation to expect nothing less than shame, and intense embarrassment and humiliation from this President. Par for the course with the Orange One in charge........Rob

PS I came back to add that maybe we of the 85006 can not change anything - but at least our actions don't add to the problem. There is some solace in that.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Most of our presidents have had lovers--even, reportedly, Dwight Eisenhower, who is a favorite of mine. Clinton's indiscretions were only notable for being publicly revealed.
    Having a secret paramour is patently different than using your position of power to take advantage of a young impressionable intern or to coerce or force sexual favors upon unwilling targets of opportunity. I am continually amazed at the lengths to which women will come to the defense of The Wizard of "Is".

It's interesting to see how all the knees are jerking before the man utters a single syllable.

Williamsmith
    People like Rob.......are going to have to learn to pace themselves. Trump could very easily finish out this term and be elected again. By then, perhaps the media will have self destructed and we will get all the news via twitter. Kinda like returning to the telegraph and the pony express.

I like a lot of his stated policy. However, I can't picture inviting the Orange One to dinner.......but I would cook for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Having a secret paramour is patently different than using your position of power to take advantage of a young impressionable intern or to coerce or force sexual favors upon unwilling targets of opportunity. I am continually amazed at the lengths to which women will come to the defense of The Wizard of "Is".
    Monica Lewinsky reportedly actively sought his attention. Also, she was hardly a timid virgin, having already enjoyed a five-year affair with a married man. I'm not excusing either of them, just pointing our that presidential indiscretions are the rule, not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It's interesting to see how all the knees are jerking before the man utters a single syllable.
    Are you kidding me? He hasn't quit uttering single syllables! Believe it! lol!
    Can you honestly say that you think his behavior is fine? It's not even sorta fine. It's just awful, and unacceptable in ANYONE.....but he's our Pre.......Pres......Presi...........I just can't say it!

Actually he's already had his first press conference and it was as sad as the rest of his presidency.

A conditioned response based on previous experience.

From what I know, it will be interesting to see any outcome of his request to Russia and China over N. Korea. After bad mouthing China over trade and currency manipulation, not to mention starting the global warming hoax, he now needs some cooperation to deal with the nuclear threat. Other than bravado and bluff the U.S. really doesn't have many non-violent deterrents left in their options.

I've gotten the sense that Trump speaks his mind when he's away from leaders he doesn't like.......but has trouble being brave in their presence.

And the only time where he speaks like an educated grown-up is when he is reading verbatim from his notes......that I'm sure someone else wrote for him.

Thread Information