Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

I'm not sure what to expect. I hope he's been briefed/cautioned to death what NOT to say. He'll probably want to be BFFs with Putin, but darn it, someone going with him will (hopefully) put a stop to it and ruin his fun.
    Seriously.........I don't think Trump has any idea what to say or to whom. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed that he doesn't embarrass the U.S. again.

I think it is a foregone conclusion that he will embarrass you, regardless of what he utters or doesnt utter.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I'm not sure what to expect. I hope he's been briefed/cautioned to death what NOT to say. He'll probably want to be BFFs with Putin, but darn it, someone going with him will (hopefully) put a stop to it and ruin his fun.
    Seriously.........I don't think Trump has any idea what to say or to whom. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed that he doesn't embarrass the U.S. again.
    Frankly, I think things are going just fine.

Iris Lilies.......you're so consistent!

You know, both of the previous comments show the huge divide there is. Even if I were 100% Republican (and I do have some Republican and some Democrat beliefs), I still wouldn't find Trump's behavior appropriate. And your comment IL, seems very curious to me. There's a matter of reasonable presidential behavior. Surely you can differentiate what is fairly decent/reasonable behavior from that which is not. I'm rather irritated by your comment. Why do you need to be so rude?

Williamsmith
    You know, both of the previous comments show the huge divide there is. Even if I were 100% Republican (and I do have some Republican and some Democrat beliefs), I still wouldn't find Trump's behavior appropriate. And your comment IL, seems very curious to me. There's a matter of reasonable presidential behavior. Surely you can differentiate what is fairly decent/reasonable behavior from that which is not. I'm rather irritated by your comment. Why do you need to be so rude?
    CathyA.......were you as offended by President Clinton as you are Trump? Keeping in mind that receiving oral sex and ejaculating on the dress of a Whitehouse Intern while in the Oval Office is hardly.....Presidential. So the bar has already been set quite high...wouldn't you agree?

of course not and he will embarrass the US again.

I am afraid that the few things he has done which I agree with, will be overshadowed by his goofy behavior.

Only way to keep him from tweeting is to cut off his fingers...........

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    CathyA.......were you as offended by President Clinton as you are Trump? Keeping in mind that receiving oral sex and ejaculating on the dress of a Whitehouse Intern while in the Oval Office is hardly.....Presidential. So the bar has already been set quite high...wouldn't you agree?
    OF COURSE I thought that was totally inappropriate!! But you just can't compare the 2 of them. Trump knows very little about anything political. He's self-centered and defiant. I could go on and on with adjectives. He's totally immature.
    Clinton did a lot of good things, in spite of his total lapse of judgment with Lewinsky.......but there's still no comparison whatsoever between these 2 presidents.

It's not clear to me if the embarrassment feared here is stylistic or substantive.

On the issues, it's hard to see much new coming up. It's pretty clear that he doesn't like grand trade deals. His neoprotectionism clashes with Mrs. Merkel's neomercantilism. He upsets many of our NATO partners when he says (probably correctly) most of them aren't carrying their weight. There's the climate change thing. He rudely says out loud what the world has already known about Chinese currency fiddles. He generally rubs international elites the same wrong way he does American elites.

But none of this is new.

He has only done one thing that I agree with and that is he recently sent 4k troops to Poland to protect them from Russia. Poland is only 1 of 5 European countries that are paying their fair share to Nato according to Trump. I agree that what Clinton did was not Presidential but really you can not even begin to compare that to the kind of President Trump is. He has not the slightest clue what he is doing and is rude and arrogant besides being stupid. Cathy I would be very shocked if he is able to hold it together, not look like a fool, not insult a few people/countries, etc but one can always hope

Thread Information