Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

The denture thing was intriguing. There have always been people who said they could get radio transmissions through their fillings and they have been deemed crazy. Maybe they were not crazy after all. What was it about the dentures that allowed them to work as a radio?

Williamsmith
    I must point out that if Trump does not reign over a mighty catastrophe, odds are very good his detractors will be mired in self pity for another seven plus years. The real story is not Trump's perceived inadequacies, ignorance, inexperience, haughtiness, ill preparedness, naivety, or outright crudeness and lack of education.......it is the Democrats are in disarray, have no viable option to point to within their ranks and must resort to taking Trump down in the public square rather than beat him in the arena of ideas. And if you do not live in a big city or the west left coast........you are rather satisfied with how this outsider is performing. It really is payback for the treatment Trumpeters were given during the prior administration what with all the high brow snootiness and apologetic touring of the world. It was such a slam dunk victory for HILLARY that the shock of her loss has sent her supporters into classic early stages of grief.....denial and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    The denture thing was intriguing. There have always been people who said they could get radio transmissions through their fillings and they have been deemed crazy. Maybe they were not crazy after all. What was it about the dentures that allowed them to work as a radio?
    Radio receivers are remarkably simple things - Allied prisoners made some very clever crystal receivers out of nothing much more than razor blades and pencil leads. In the receiver in that photo, the dentures themselves were modified to hold components of the radio - the dentures themselves had no special properties.

I see! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I must point out that if Trump does not reign over a mighty catastrophe, odds are very good his detractors will be mired in self pity for another seven plus years. The real story is not Trump's perceived inadequacies, ignorance, inexperience, haughtiness, ill preparedness, naivety, or outright crudeness and lack of education.......it is the Democrats are in disarray, have no viable option to point to within their ranks and must resort to taking Trump down in the public square rather than beat him in the arena of ideas. And if you do not live in a big city or the west left coast........you are rather satisfied with how this outsider is performing. It really is payback for the treatment Trumpeters were given during the prior administration what with all the high brow snootiness and apologetic touring of the world. It was such a slam dunk victory for HILLARY that the shock of her loss has sent her supporters into classic early stages of grief.....denial and anger.
    I agree that "trump is a lying grifter completely out of his depth", regardless of how true it is, is not a winning strategy for the democrats. But do ideas really win elections? They certainly didn't this time around. All trump had to do was tell his supporters that he didn't think they were losers and that they should blame brown skinned foreigners for all their problems and make absurd, obviously impossible promises like cheaper better healthcare and a wall to keep out those awful brown people, which would be paid for by those same brown people, with absolutely no details. If those kind of ideas are what win elections then we deserve exactly what we got from this election and the world will be better off when he finally kills our status as most powerful nation in the world. My only prayer at this point is that nothing happens. I've not seen anything in his demeanor or actions so far to indicate to me that he will be capable of acting rationally or in our best interest if something awful happens like North Korea successfully sending an ICBM at North America or some terrorist successfully executes a major attack inside our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    ... capable of acting rationally or in our best interest if something awful happens like North Korea successfully sending an ICBM at North America ....
    I wonder what the "proper" response would even be in such a situation?

I read somewhere that Seattle is a likely target for L'il Kim's missiles. That's got me looking at mid-Willamette Valley real estate...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I wonder what the "proper" response would even be in such a situation?
    If George W Bush is any indication the proper response is to make up a story(ies) to justify attacking a random country. Personally I'm not too concerned about proper. I'll be happy with rational and in our best interest.

If you get into some fringe news, like statements from Newt Gingrich, N. Korea seems as likely to create an EMP attack as a traditional attack. More bang for the nuke for a rogue nation with limited resources. I don't know if this is within their near future technical abilities, but it makes some sense. It would take some sort of wild insanity to attack the U.S. I don't know what approach would be "proper", but the mostly likely i can think of would be turning N. Korea into a wasteland. Which would make a mighty strong deterrent.

As far as Trump getting trigger happy, I could see a preemptive strike after creating some public hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    If you get into some fringe news, like statements from Newt Gingrich, N. Korea seems as likely to create an EMP attack as a traditional attack.
    15 years ago when I first started as an insurance broker there were a bunch of insurance carriers that were worried enough about EMP attacks that a bunch of property policies of clients had EMP exclusions on them. I haven't been a broker for over 8 years now so I have no idea if that's still the case but I doubt it. Perhaps now they all have exclusions for child sex rings in pizza parlor basements.

Thread Information