Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    So it is acceptable then to assume I am looting as a feature of protesting? This assumption does not equate with harrassment? I will admit I don't live in your area of Washington State but here in the 85006, such an assumption equates with harrassment. I expect an apology not from you but from DMC. DMC truly crossed the line big time here and on this one I am going to call him on it....
    Step down.

It is not for me to ban you, nor do I wish to hold such power. All I ask for
    is for basic respect for the social classes beneath you. Are you capable of such? Truly based on my experience with you to date I rather doubt it. You really did cross the line when assuming that I was part of looting just for joining protests with other residents of the 85006.....This was completely unacceptable. Non-negotiable here is this stance. Rob
    Rob. ^ This is you, crossing the line. Repeatedly.

Step down.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    What part of being assumed to be a looter for simply protesting being unacceptable to an extreme don't you understand, Bae? Rob of the 85006

What part of being assumed to be a looter for simply protesting being unacceptable to an extreme don't you understand, Bae? Rob of the 85006
    Step down.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    im a straight white male. I'm used to being attacked. No big deal.
    Well, I kinda thought that.

Some day we will have a single payer healthcare system simply because we failed to agree on how to fix this horrible system we have now. Whether Obamacare is so abhorrent because it was a rush job or because it was intended to place us in a favorable frame of mind for accepting single payer.......doesn't matter.....it will be irrelevant. What this thread proves is we are incapable of problem solving without finger pointing and so we will look for a model to adopt. Well, lucky for us, there are plenty to choose from and before we kill each other over it.......we ought to pick one and commit for the sake of preserving the superpower we still are. Moving along the same path is sure ruin. After all folks...this isn't rocket science.....it's just healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Some day we will have a single payer healthcare system simply because we failed to agree on how to fix this horrible system we have now. Whether Obamacare is so abhorrent because it was a rush job or because it was intended to place us in a favorable frame of mind for accepting single payer.......doesn't matter.....it will be irrelevant. What this thread proves is we are incapable of problem solving without finger pointing and so we will look for a model to adopt. Well, lucky for us, there are plenty to choose from and before we kill each other over it.......we ought to pick one and commit for the sake of preserving the superpower we still are. Moving along the same path is sure ruin. After all folks...this isn't rocket science.....it's just healthcare.
    I think you are probably right about this, and for the reasons you state.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think you are probably right about this, and for the reasons you state.
    Ayup.

I am however cautious about adopting "a proven model", as generally the countries that are brought up as exemplars are markedly-different from the USA in some significant ways. I've made a bit of a semi-professional hobby the past several years visiting many of these places to get a sense for how they run things, and while some are fabulous, their experience and constraints aren't quite comparable.

(To be fair, I'm also country-shopping, like Rob, but perhaps for rather different reasons... I even got a job offer out-of-the-blue from one of the Nordic nations.)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Ayup.

I am however cautious about adopting "a proven model", as generally the countries that are brought up as exemplars are markedly-different from the USA in some significant ways. I've made a bit of a semi-professional hobby the past several years visiting many of these places to get a sense for how they run things, and while some are fabulous, their experience and constraints aren't quite comparable.

(To be fair, I'm also country-shopping, like Rob, but perhaps for rather different reasons... I even got a job offer out-of-the-blue from one of the Nordic nations.)
    I used to think we, as a country, were capable of crafting our own improved version of health care, complete with choice and cost containment. I'm pessimistic these days. American isn't as exceptional as we keep asserting it is, IMO--we're still basking in our post WWII glory, I'm afraid.

Post edited. Bae, I never ever said you were lying. I just reported what happened with my family and recently my good friend. When first on Hospice they billed Medicare for all her meds and we paid very small co-pays. Her small pension of 1950 covered her care and her meds, etc. It was not until she went into a more secure smaller side of the home because she required more care that we needed Medicaid to step in and pay for the almost doubling of the rent at the home. Since she died I just finished up paying the small co-pays that were left. I had to put her in a home a hour from us because they were the only decent place that would accept her small income for payment. Even the dumps in our town would not take her income and wanted about double. I am upset that 2 hard working people got the shaft. Now some will argue they paid their bills but I argue if medical bills had not taken all their $. I could have put her in a home in town so I could have seen a lot more of her which would have been good for her instead of just going weekly. I don't care that they left heirs with no $ and neither do his kids. I just care that there was not enough $ to provide her with care in this town. Others would have visited also but when people work f.t. they are not willing to drive an hour each way so had no visitors but us.