Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    DMC is wealthy and could give a shit about anyone else.
    That seems to be a personal attack, and outside the forum guidelines.

Bae, I have had family members die from cancer with hospice at home and it was not expensive because they were not seeking treatment.
    I guess I'm lying then, since I helped both of them set up and manage their hospice and care situations, and was there helping care for them, and saw the bills with my own lying eyes, and had to manage both of their estates.

(And boy, my lying eyes saw some serious predatory practices in the elder care/home health care industry....)

Personally, I would prefer a reasonably-priced fee for service system with deductibles assigned on a sliding scale. I would prefer to deal directly with my doctor, without interference. (Actually, I would prefer to stay healthy enough to avoid the whole matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    That seems to be a personal attack, and outside the forum guidelines.

)
    " couldnt give a shit" it is pretty close to a personal attack, close enough for TT to consider editing it, especially since it isnt truthful or factual. Dmc IS kinda wealthy, though, that part is true.

Thank you, Teacher Terry for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I would prefer to deal directly with my doctor, without interference.
    Right?

(Actually, I would prefer to stay healthy enough to avoid the whole matter.)
    So say we all :-)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's nice to know that you think it would be funny if trump's wealthcare bill passes and my friend Amy's breast cancer reoccurs that she would be forced to either die or go bankrupt paying entirely out of pocket for treatment for a pre-existing condition.

I bet you and paul ryan have a blast together at kegger parties.
    Thank You for your humanity displayed here, JP1....it gives me some hope for human beings yet. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The rich have always had a quirky sense of humor--witness "dead peasant insurance." Hahaha, oh rolling on the floor with laughter. So funny.
    The mass of us are just "peasants" and "useless eaters" to them.
    Plus One Trillion, possibly more. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Also, frankly, it doesnt help my empathy to hear ad nauseum how one member of our group here despises the taxpayers of the U.S.A. for their lack of "human dignity" and yet sucked down a good quarter of a million $ in hospital care in recent years with no charge to him.

While I don't expect groveling thanks, I do expect simple recognition that he was taken care of. But his drumbeat of "not good enough, never good enough, despicable" leads me to think that there are a lot of people out there with unrealistic expectations of how much things cost and how much the taxpayer is willing to give. This attitude is extremely wearing.
    IL, IL, IL......How unfortunate it is that we BOTH hold US Citizenship, no? Say we were Canadians, living outside of Vancouver (I vote for Surrey as when I was in Europe two years ago, Surrey, BC, Canada, is where I portrayed myself as being from, it's a classy name and most of the world likes Canada and Canadians)....this whole convo would be unnecessary as our lives would be worth socialized medicine. Just as this convo would be unnecessary in ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON. If you choose to believe that the American way of not caring the slightest bit about the next person is acceptable, I can not change your mind - that's your deal. Please don't judge me one iota for rejecting this line of thinking 100% and caring for my fellow man/woman and believing they are worth access to health care, too, funded by the collective. I saw through America at the age of 8 (very grateful for this, too!!!) and such thinking as yours I have pretty much been incapable of for 42 years now (as of this August 17th).

My point is that you get to think as you wish in regards to this issue. Just understand that not everyone is going to agree with you nor will everyone else share your opinion. Good thing you don't live in the 85006 - you would find yourself socially isolated here as your views - at least as far as health care goes - would be considered threatening. Though I'm sure there are numerous zip codes in the US where my views would also be seen as threatening. As I've said for years - Karl Marx was right about one thing: It all boils down to social class. Which is especially cruel in the United States as those remaining in the middle class in the US can find themselves knocked off this perch in the blink of an eye, quickly learning how abusive your line of thinking can be for those no longer on said financial perch. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    IL, IL, IL......How unfortunate it is that we BOTH hold US Citizenship, no? Say we were Canadians, living outside of Vancouver (I vote for Surrey as when I was in Europe two years ago, Surrey, BC, Canada, is where I portrayed myself as being from, it's a classy name and most of the world likes Canada and Canadians)....this whole convo would be unnecessary as our lives would be worth socialized medicine. Just as this convo would be unnecessary in ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON. If you choose to believe that the American way of not caring the slightest bit about the next person is acceptable, I can not change your mind - that's your deal. Please don't judge me one iota for rejecting this line of thinking 100% and caring for my fellow man/woman and believing they are worth access to health care, too, funded by the collective. I saw through America at the age of 8 (very grateful for this, too!!!) and such thinking as yours I have pretty much been incapable of for 42 years now (as of this August 17th).

My point is that you get to think as you wish in regards to this issue. Just understand that not everyone is going to agree with you nor will everyone else share your opinion. Good thing you don't live in the 85006 - you would find yourself socially isolated here as your views - at least as far as health care goes - would be considered threatening. Though I'm sure there are numerous zip codes in the US where my views would also be seen as threatening. As I've said for years - Karl Marx was right about one thing: It all boils down to social class. Which is especially cruel in the United States as those remaining in the middle class in the US can find themselves knocked off this perch in the blink of an eye, quickly learning how abusive your line of thinking can be for those no longer on said financial perch. Rob
    And yet your still here. And how many from the 85006 came from somewhere else? And when you say funded by the collective, don't you really mean someone else.

i do enjoy reading your post though, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    " couldnt give a shit" it is pretty close to a personal attack, close enough for TT to consider editing it, especially since it isnt truthful or factual. Dmc IS kinda wealthy, though, that part is true.

Thank you, Teacher Terry for your consideration.
    im a straight white male. I'm used to being attacked. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Good thing you don't live in the 85006 - you would find yourself socially isolated here as your views - at least as far as health care goes - would be considered threatening.
    Good gracious! That sure sounds like a fun community to live in. Civic-minded, celebrating diversity, and full of community spirit...

Thread Information