I saw yesterday that someone running against Elizabeth Warren is using the campaign slogan, vote for a real and not a fake Indian. He is mocking her claim to Native American heritage.

I have been doing lots of genealogy this year on my mom's family and have found that I have Native American ancestors . Unlike the senator, I have names and birthdates that identify folks. So along with mostly English, Scottish, Irish, and some German and Swiss, I now have some native American ancestors, who were Cherokee, Mohawk, Choctaw, and Pamunkey.

I've always hated those boxes that they have you check when you apply for a job, as to your heritage. Can I switch boxes, or is that silly? I think identify politics is stupid, and I have ancestors who were English and killed Indians and I have English ancestors who were killed by Indians, and I have ancestors who were Cherokee Indians who were killed by other Indians, who were Catawbas.

Do any of you wonder which box to check? Do you think Elizabeth Warren pulled a fast one to get that job? Or do you think she was right to claim Native American heritage?