Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Second hand market

If you like blue and white china, you'll love Calamityware. I do.
    Not for the faint of heart, or the frugal, either one.
    https://calamityware.com/collections/plates

Closeups here: https://www.pinterest.com/calamitywa...yware/?lp=true

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    If you like blue and white china, you'll love Calamityware. I do.
    Not for the faint of heart, or the frugal, either one.
    https://calamityware.com/collections/plates

Closeups here: https://www.pinterest.com/calamitywa...yware/?lp=true
    Omg, that is funny! I may just have to buy a serving piece.
    edited to add: apparently no serving pieces. Just as well, a platter would be $175 ish

Oh no Jane, why did you show me those? I'm in lust!
    At first I just thought, ho hum, nice, looks kind of like blue willow, but then the word "pirates" caught my eye for some reason and I took a closer look. That stuff is just absolutely wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Oh no Jane, why did you show me those? I'm in lust!
    At first I just thought, ho hum, nice, looks kind of like blue willow, but then the word "pirates" caught my eye for some reason and I took a closer look. That stuff is just absolutely wonderful!
    I love clever people...

Especially the delightfully quirky ones!

Rosa: that china is beautiful. I love Polish pottery but it is too expensive here. It is cheap in Poland but then super expensive to ship. I bought a few accent pieces but that is it. I have good dishes that I like and got on sale super cheap a number of years ago. I also was able to pick up additional plates and bowls at goodwill really cheap.

I used to love, love, love Wedgwood in my 20s & 30s, but could not justify the cost. Now it is cheap and plentiful and I can have all the Wedgwood I want, but I no longer want it. I am selling the last piece I have (I picked up a few piece on ebay many years ago).

I feel like camping is a metaphor for my life now. I want to travel light and without breakables.

Wonderful thread! I know it's older, but it is very timely for me. I've been decluttering and downsizing the house contents for many years now. Last huge accomplishment was a year ago when the attic got emptied... and it is STILL empty!!!

I've got several furniture pieces listed on the local Letgo and managed to sell the big, clunky This End Up Furniture. It wasn't for a lot, but it went to a good home and I feel "free" of it. Just replaced the couch with a smaller love seat and am looking for other seating, but am in no rush.

Kitchen table is next on my list as, I too am looking for a smaller, round, pedastal table for the kitchen. Also trying to repurpose various furniture we already have for other uses. i.e. get rid of tv stand and use corner shelving instead (need to work out measurements - lol)

Anyway, love the ideas and comments. Thanks for sharing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Wonderful thread! I know it's older, but it is very timely for me. I've been decluttering and downsizing the house contents for many years now. Last huge accomplishment was a year ago when the attic got emptied... and it is STILL empty!!!

I've got several furniture pieces listed on the local Letgo and managed to sell the big, clunky This End Up Furniture. It wasn't for a lot, but it went to a good home and I feel "free" of it. Just replaced the couch with a smaller love seat and am looking for other seating, but am in no rush.

Kitchen table is next on my list as, I too am looking for a smaller, round, pedastal table for the kitchen. Also trying to repurpose various furniture we already have for other uses. i.e. get rid of tv stand and use corner shelving instead (need to work out measurements - lol)

Anyway, love the ideas and comments. Thanks for sharing.
    damn straight that empty attic a year later is a BIG deal! Good for you.

For 20 years most of our basement had a dirt floor. I kept little down there, dH piled lumber amd metals to the ceiling. It was a wreck. Then, we poured a cement floor, spent $$$ on industrial shelving, and became clean and organized basement homeowners! That lasted about two year until I adopted a hobby that uses lots objects (floral designs.) If it is free and unusual, the object is even better. I had resisted this hobby for years because I knew how quickly it would fill my basement. Well, now I am there.

IL , You made me laugh. We just cleared out space under a porch next to the basement...wood and wire. The garbage people took it all!
    Happy Stuff, Congratulations on the empty attic. Ours is much improved from several years ago when I did 15 minutes at a time, then lots of trips to Goodwill. Now...filling slowly. We had the rooms in the house painted and I removed many things-to the attic. It's been almost 2 years and I've only gone up to get a few things, so I think it's time for another set of 15 minute Goodwill hunting!

Thread Information