Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
damn straight that empty attic a year later is a BIG deal! Good for you.

For 20 years most of our basement had a dirt floor. I kept little down there, dH piled lumber amd metals to the ceiling. It was a wreck. Then, we poured a cement floor, spent $$$ on industrial shelving, and became clean and organized basement homeowners! That lasted about two year until I adopted a hobby that uses lots objects (floral designs.) If it is free and unusual, the object is even better. I had resisted this hobby for years because I knew how quickly it would fill my basement. Well, now I am there.
We also have an old stone wall and dirt floor basement. I pretty much refuse to go down there - lol. Dh and ds have workout equipment down there, so they go down, but I can only imagine what it looks like! I'm still concentrating on the rest of the house. We have lived here for over 27 years, so I keep reminding myself that I have at least that long to declutter it. LOL. Slow and steady wins the race - I just wish the stuff I'm ready to part with would sell... even for a few bucks. We do have another donation pick up scheduled for this coming week, so more stuff WILL leave the house. Just really would like some of the bigger things to go.