Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dining nook ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I've been looking for a pedestal table on the secondary market for years without luck. Pottery Barn has them for $600. Penney's has an unpainted one for $565 and a white one for $675. I've never seen one at auction. I've never seen a decent one on Craig's list/yard sale/thrift store either. I haven't shopped consignment stores but I don't think we have many of those around. I don't know of any.
    Really? Shoot. I think oak ones were very popular about 30 years ago. You'd think a couple would show up somewhere.

ETA: What size were you looking for, and what budget? I see there are several on my area's craigslist, but they're all around $150-$250.

https://cnj.craigslist.org/search/ss...table&sort=rel
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    The oak ones are usually too big. I'm looking for 42" diameter or smaller. I just saw a nice one on craigslist - really pretty base. I would need to refinish it (espresso color and scratched top), it's bigger than I'd like at 48" diameter and $200. Another one is 54" and $900 (too big, too dark). And a lovely little Stickley for $1200 (very nice!). The Ikea is 41.5" diameter, the right color, and $179. I know that it's plastic, but if it works...

And now I'm off to swim at the new gym! I'm excited and nervous to be in public in a bathing suit.

Geila
    Despite it being a lovely day here, the LV events have me feeling down and sad. I don't want to let these feelings take hold though. SAD season is hard enough already. I'm trying to take my mind off of them by thinking about the painting projects I'd like to do.

I saw this on Design Sponge this morning and liked it - very pretty home but functional too. And enough space around the stuff that it feels airy:http://www.designsponge.com/2017/10/...lywood-ca.html

Rather than starting a new home decorating thread, I just dragged this one back up.

Ha! I love the "giant prop closet" blueprint.JPG

Seriously that dining table and chairs were cool and I loved the use of navy in the living room. I so miss my navy sofa that did not survive the early child-rearing years. I'm on the hunt for a navy sofa again.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

WE also need a new sofa but we have a 12 yo -80lb shedding machine ( awesome dog)! So will not replace until he dies.

Geila
    This is what that blue sofa looked like before he reupholstered it - gotta say, I didn't think the scalloped look was bad though:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0xbcvl...mrorlandosoria

Now if I could just work that same magic on my dog-mauled couch...

Another thing I've noticed is that apartment photos are better for me because they have room proportions closer to my house's. It's hard for me to visualize stuff when the rooms pictured are twice the size of what I have.

Geila, I got a stretchy slipcover at Ollies for the chair that was ugly, but in decent shape. I am very pleased with it. My husband sits in the chair all the time and it doesn't slip around and have to be rearranged constantly. The texture is not bad and for less than 20 dollars it made a huge difference in the room. I had looked into having it reupholstered, couldn't find anything I liked and it would have cost over 800 dollars. I can buy a lot of Ollies covers for that! (Ollies is an overstock place like Big Lots etc. if you don't have them around you.) It's washable, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I got to thinking about the dining nook and remembered these rooms that have the feel I'm looking for. They don't have pedestal tables, but the dining area in her house is bigger than mine and I think a pedestal would be more functional.

These images from one of our former members: http://thegardenerscottage.blogspot.com/

So bright and fresh!

i like the 2nd picture, very clean and fresh!

Thread Information