Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Summer Project Progress

Yppej- I'm sure that inefficient roaming is good for you!

This weekend about did me in. We had cooler weather. Mid-70's windows open kind of weather. I attacked that other area of vinca. In August in SW MO I spent 8 straight hours pulling vinca and ivy...and didn't break a sweat. My knees...that's another story. So sore. But I did it. The back yard is free of vinca and ivy (except what I left growing up a tree or two). Now I have two areas ready for barrier and rock. I found a few treasures that had been hidden by the vinca for years. It was a successful weekend. Our temps are supposed to start rising again.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    Yay, Float!!!

On Saturday, Dh and I tackled a bit of the garage and got rid of a bunch of stuff. I now have one wall that is 3/4 empty. I repurposed some bookcases that I took out of the house and built a wall of shelving, but at only 12" deep it should keep us from cluttering it too much. And it's all white so it looks nice and clean.

I did day 8 of my new morning workout this morning. I'm still swimming almost every day. And I've been getting seduced by the zumba and cycling classes going on when I pass by on my way to the pool. So this week I'll probably check it out. I find that being active during the day and saving the swimming for later works out really well. Last week was warm and I was swimming till 7pm and that was great. I might see about adding a morning zumba or cycling class since my morning workout is only 25 minutes.

And this week the weather is gorgeous. So I'll be sure to include outdoor time each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I've been getting seduced by the zumba and cycling classes going on when I pass by on my way to the pool.
    all I have to say is be careful with that cycling class. A friend had knee surgery then started a cycling class as part of her rehab and now does IronMan competitions - swim/bike/run. Might be something to add to your fierce 50's list!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    all I have to say is be careful with that cycling class. A friend had knee surgery then started a cycling class as part of her rehab and now does IronMan competitions - swim/bike/run. Might be something to add to your fierce 50's list!
    Mmmm.... I best be careful. I will avert my eyes from now on.

I have a friend in her 50's who began Crossfit a few years ago and is madly in love with it. She's competed in several of the games they have. And she looks amazing. I've been wondering what to put on my fierce 50 list... I think I've got to push myself out of my comfort zone a bit more. Not sure where though.

Yppej
    I am decluttering and dieting. Yesterday I tackled some file folders because I was looking for a paper and couldn't find it. This always gets me to throw out some of the junk I have to look through to find what I want. I also tackled evening gowns.

It's a week and a day now with no trips to the candy jar and I am down 2 pounds but my feet and ankles still bother me after I have been sitting or lying down, so I want to shed some more weight before my annual physical in October to see if that helps. This morning I walked before work, and yesterday also got in 20 minutes walking plus 2 1/2 hours yardwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am decluttering and dieting. Yesterday I tackled some file folders because I was looking for a paper and couldn't find it. This always gets me to throw out some of the junk I have to look through to find what I want. I also tackled evening gowns.

It's a week and a day now with no trips to the candy jar and I am down 2 pounds but my feet and ankles still bother me after I have been sitting or lying down, so I want to shed some more weight before my annual physical in October to see if that helps. This morning I walked before work, and yesterday also got in 20 minutes walking plus 2 1/2 hours yardwork.
    Yppej, I love the fact that you have a whole category for evening gowns! That is so cool.
    I do have the excess file folder problem, though. . .

Look Geila! I took your advice and relaxed.hammock.jpg
    The hammock is so big and comfy...I might just live in it for awhile.

Geila
    Where's the rum & coke?!

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Where's the rum & coke?!
    I was teaching my son to make margaritas before we hung it up on the trees (on the rocks not that fluffy icy fo-fo stuff) which may be why I was a little cautious!tin-can-margaritas-4.jpg

Thread Information