Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
I've read through this thread and it's a little funny to me living in Phoenix, AZ as the summers are so intense here - these type of projects, especially if they involve work outdoors, get put off until the weather cools off a bit (typically the second or third week of October every year). Around that time a cold front will move down from the Northwest and the temp will plunge to 85F or less and the nights will get nice again, too, and then work like this seems doable once again. Every year around the middle of October I do boatloads of yard work...trimming and cutting that I'm just not going to do in this intense heat. Rob
I hear you Rob. I'm kind of forcing my way through my list working really early 5:30-7:00 a.m. or the last hour before dark 8-9 p.m. right now. If I went outside right now at 2 p.m. you'd probably never hear from me again - she died of heat stroke or heat exhaustion. I get a bit depressed when spring plantings dry up and I'm trying to avoid that by changing my own gardening from old fashioned to more arid style (more like what you are used to).